Author Topic: Weapon: Sawn-Off Rifle and Server_PGDie  (Read 11328 times)

what's happening is that quake-type weapons and the sawn-off rifle have the exact same tracer model so the file manifest doesn't have you download the sawn-off's model if you already have the quake-type's model, but the sawn-off rifle explicitly calls the tracer model from it's own shapes folder

problem is that the player doesn't like that directory because the tracer model it downloaded from the manifest was in the quake-type weapons zip

without the model the game instantly crashes

it's honestly one of those situations i could fix it pretty easily but then everyone would have to update everything and it's more of a pain herding cats to get themselves fixed then it is to just tell people to not cause the problem in the first place

i'll upload a quick fix though

Huh, no, that should be sent on to Bedpost as that's an engine bug right there. The filename of the resource shouldn't make a difference at all since the resources are stored based on a hash, so it's a little weird this can happen at all, but it's definitely a bug with the resource caching system.

No, the problem is that you're doing it wrong. A TSStatic is an antiquated thing from back when we had maps and is basically useless now. You're not supposed to dynamically spawn these after people loaded.

You need to properly create a StaticShapeData datablock that references your model file and then spawn tracers using StaticShapes.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 08:37:08 AM by Zeblote »

No, the problem is that you're doing it wrong. A TSStatic is an antiquated thing from back when we had maps and is basically useless now. You're not supposed to dynamically spawn these after people loaded.

You need to properly create a StaticShapeData datablock that references your model file and then spawn tracers using StaticShapes.
Oh, huh, I assumed he meant tracer projectile, my bad (this is what I get for not actually playing the game)

Hmm, looks pretty cool. This may be the gun for a project i want to work on