New Gamemode: Reaper (by NickPB & Tezuni)

Author Topic: New Gamemode: Reaper (by NickPB & Tezuni)  (Read 2039 times)

Prologue:
You're camping in the forest at night. To survive, you must traverse the treacherously dark path, lit up only one segment at a time.
All around you, reapers circle your group, their prey. You think you see blurs darting between the foliage, but the towering trees blot out nearly all light out, you can't be sure. Moments later chains burst out from the darkness and your best friend has been pulled away into the void. Your only hope is making it through the path to the safety of the ranger's station.

Gameplay:
Tentatively, there is about 1 reaper for every 7 campers. Reapers can shoot chains to grab their victims into the darkness. They must reap all the campers with their scythes to win.
Reapers are immune to darkness but burned by the blessed light. They are also slightly faster on their feet than campers.
Campers spawn with random melee weapons and must stay in the light. The darkness quickly burns them with hellfire. They are slow moving from years of drive-thru McDonalds.

This gamemode is currently in the finishing phase of development and will be open in the coming days. All bans and blacklists will be lifted. Any suggestions are welcome.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:25:12 PM by Tezuni 2.0 »

I suport u bae

Looks like fun, I like the atmosphere. Possibly make or get a custom reaper model? Am looking forward to playing. Maybe not make the trees so lined up so it actually looks like a forest?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 09:47:16 PM by Tenshi »

This looks very very fun and looks like unique game play.  Loos spooky for Christmas too.

for some reason 2015 seems to be the year of horror-christmas fusion gamemodes

is this related to a TDM? or a "few people vs an army

I can give you sounds if you guys want.

This sounds like a much cooler version of a failed gamemode I made long ago, hope it turns out well.

nick deserves more credit

All that's left to do is polish the light and dark system, a building or 2 and some bugtesting. Should be done in 2 or so days

Reapers can shoot chains to grab their victims into the darkness. They must reap all the campers
Time to reap