Author Topic: Why do grades matter/Education argument thread  (Read 8303 times)

forget off with this bullstuff. I can guarantee that 80% of my subjects have no skill. It's memorize. I don't remember what I ate for breakfest this morning and you expect for me to memorize a loving book. Shove it up your ass.

For the other subjects like chemistry, maths, physics, and gymnastics, you need skill and are tested on that.
That's what everyone thinks until they get to college and realize how assforgeted they are for not paying even the slightest bit of attention in high school.

i make stuff grades

but you know, that's entirely my fault. no scholarships for me lmao

school sucks
skip class start fights
sk8 thru the halls

9th grade I was highly depressed, 10th grade I suffered chronic insomnia(lasted 11 months), still managed to graduate with a uhh idk something like a 3.61 gpa

my study technique was as follows:
1. read over my notes the day I took them
2. don't do homework if i'm too stressed or if it's super long and helps in no way
3. procrastinate
4. study the night before the test for 10-40 minutes
this technique didn't work for any of my friends sadly

got As while simultaneously slacking off and debating every opinion the teachers had so i could either change mine or prove mine.
You, I like you.

I don't even put my college GPA on my resume unless a company specifically asks for it, and it's over a 3.5 so not bad at all. I've never been asked about it in an interview.

/title
I have actually thought about this, i think it all dumbs down to reputation.  What colleges use grades for or so they tell you is so you can stay in school, and if you fail, you get kicked out because they don't want any dumb kids right?  Also, in high school, the reason why they have grades is so you get into college and into high school.  But think about this, if you're in college and you have a school full of kids with low grades, no one wants to go there right? But if you are in a school with smart people like Harvard, everyone wants to go there and Harvard knows this.  They have found a way to play the system by making it so exclusive that people strive to go there and they only accept smart people.  Meanwhile there are other schools like Phoenix University who take just about everyone, and who wants to attend a school where everyone is accepted.  I sure don't. 

Grades matter so you can go to college, build up a student loan, get a good job to pay off the student loan, and have student loan repayment not be needed a year later.

That's my prediction, anyways

To get to the pretentious colleges so you can get a job run by a pretentious boss.

this technique didn't work for any of my friends sadly
i wonder why...

they only accept smartrich people.
To be fair you can get in by just by being smart and motivated, but being rich helps a lot too!

Meanwhile there are other schools like Phoenix University who take just about everyone, and who wants to attend a school where everyone is accepted.  I sure don't. 
University of Phoenix is also a huge cash scam preying on unsuspecting poor people. There is a reason they push ads for for-profit colleges on late night TV blocks like adult swim.

grades don't really matter, just don't fail your classes

plenty of 4.0 students kill themselves during finals anyways
This actually happened towards the end of my Senior school year. Someone everyone knew just out of the blue shot themself. Class president and everything

I only pay attention to the content during english and history so I know my stuff and say forget all to the work, then put it all up for science/art/math to get skillz.

It's better to know your stuff than worry about assignments imho.

i stopped caring by 9th. high school was just 8 hours of loving around for me. i feel like a lot of yall would've hated to go to school with me lol

i have like all 74/75 average in class and its bullstuff because a 74 is a D. I dont study studying is for nerds so like I dont think it matters if there good, just pass the bare minumum if lifes a stress if not idk do what you want

i stopped caring by 9th. high school was just 8 hours of loving around for me. i feel like a lot of yall would've hated to go to school with me lol
Give me that fallout 4