Author Topic: Any good and very easy modeling programs for item making?  (Read 2106 times)

blender is the most common, caues its free

the other options are milkshape 3d(paid, and mostly only useful for BL modeling), sketchup, and maya (wtf are you doing here then) or something idk.

most modelers lurk in the Creativity "3d modeling topic Megathread" or whatever its called; you can go there to ask for advice or help on making models.

Just wondering.
I personaly recommend milkshape and sketchup,i use them for modeling.

Blender takes a while to learn to be super efficient at, but definitely does the job well.  The common use of it here and the bountiful quantities of resources available on the forums makes Blender the best choice.

Blender takes a while to learn to be super efficient at, but definitely does the job well.  The common use of it here and the bountiful quantities of resources available on the forums makes Blender the best choice.

blender question why does my 2.49 Have a Screwed up view of the model, it's has the 3D view messed up, the camera is tilted for no reason and I can't fix it.

Because 2.49 is very old and terrible.

blender question why does my 2.49 Have a Screwed up view of the model, it's has the 3D view messed up, the camera is tilted for no reason and I can't fix it.

I think you are referring to perspective versus orthographic view, maybe.  There is a key to switch between them (5 on my num pad, dunno if that's default).  Unless you change your window settings/placement manually, your blender should start up with the default setting, which isn't messed up.  It's probably just the perspective/ortho thing.

I use milkshape. It's not super comprehensive but when it comes to Blockland it really gets the job done. May cost you a bit but who cares, it's lifetime pretty sure.

I think you are referring to perspective versus orthographic view, maybe.  There is a key to switch between them (5 on my num pad, dunno if that's default).  Unless you change your window settings/placement manually, your blender should start up with the default setting, which isn't messed up.  It's probably just the perspective/ortho thing.

by screwed up i mean tilted slightly

I use a combination of Sketchup, Blender and Milkshape 3d

Net cost: 25 EU
Net learning time: at least 30 minutes
Net time cost: 1-3 hours per model

by screwed up i mean tilted slightly

It's fantastic that you are able to use the same words in describing your issue both times, but perhaps a screeny would help dispel the miscommunication.

Uhh... i commonly use Misfit Model 3D, because it is more flexibe in modeling stuff. You can see more information at: http://www.misfitcode.com/misfitmodel3d/