(Deprecated) [Server] No Observer Message

Author Topic: (Deprecated) [Server] No Observer Message  (Read 3689 times)

sweet, but this was made a long time ago

sweet, but this was made a long time ago
in theory this one is better than port's because it preloads the script so that scripts executed before that use the cameraOrbit functions don't get broken

not that anyone uses those functions ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Could you explain what this does please? I don't speak code.

Uh what, read the topic, it explains what it does in English lol

if you have slayer(?) on, whenever a player would die and watch others (or if an admin were to spy a player), a message would appear lower on the screen saying "x observers". this mod gets rid of that

i don't really know where you're getting code from

if you have slayer(?) on, whenever a player would die and watch others (or if an admin were to spy a player), a message would appear lower on the screen saying "x observers". this mod gets rid of that

i don't really know where you're getting code from

he saw this:
preloads the script so that scripts executed before that use the cameraOrbit functions don't get broken
and got confused

Uh what, read the topic, it explains what it does in English lol
it doesnt.

This makes it so admin spying remains anonymous.

it doesnt.

This makes it so admin spying remains anonymous.
badmin mode activated (spying invisible people then metagaming lol)

ah yes that is why you don't admin/go on people's servers who would do that

You forgot to parent your server package and return the parent on the client package.

Using this mod as-is will kick you from any dedicated server changing the game-mode and you
will have to rejoin manually

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=272426.0

You forgot to parent your server package and return the parent on the client package.

Using this mod as-is will kick you from any dedicated server changing the game-mode and you
will have to rejoin manually

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=272426.0
But the mod doesn't have disconnect or disconnectedCleanup in its functions.

Shouldn't you still return Parent::loadAddOns(); for when changing the game-mode?

Shouldn't you still return Parent::loadAddOns(); for when changing the game-mode?

loadAddOns doesn't return anything

either way I probably shouldn't have hooked loadAddons and should have done something else
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 01:12:17 AM by Swollow »

I never understood why the observer message was annoying besides when people started spectating me as I was the second to last player and my heart started beating faster.