2015/12/10 - Blockland r1981

Author Topic: 2015/12/10 - Blockland r1981  (Read 42746 times)

Oh God i hate this
Please fix this and the glitch that breaks ui when loading box opens over open chat
Actually just go fix all the ui
Didn't he say that eventually all the uis would be replaced with something like in the start a game section?

The ancient default torque ui is way overdue for a replacement.

• Fixed clicking while tumbling erroneously causing respawn
  • Fixed instantly typing "wwwwwww" if you wrench a brick while moving
  • Fixed ghost brick moving in the wrong direction while looking straight down
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY 'SPOT

In order to fix a problem, I have to be able to duplicate it or at least be given some clue as to where or when it occurs. 
People have posted information in the last update's topic.
Can you tell us if any of this information is helpful at all? Multiple people have reported the same circumstances for which the error occurs (player loading), and someone even provided a potential lead for the function itself.
Quote from: Val
Zeblote sent me a picture of what the stack looks like when the game crashes with the pure virtual call error. It seems to occur in octTree::castRay_r, and the call to the only virtual function referenced calls on an item from a big container (seems to be octTree::smServerTree)

Maybe it calls on an object in the tree (with the type being an abstract base class) that hasn't quite initialized yet?
You have to say whether or not any of this information is helpful or not, or provide tools to help us debug it. I'm not sure what more 'clues' we can really give without any response as to whether or not they're helpful.

does this also affect A/D? (and maybe S, but I rarely wrench while going backwards in comparison to sideways/forwards)

It's so great that there's progress on this game again. It's so good to see Blockland is not dead.

This game has been in development for over 6 years.

The average triple AAA studio ends development on their games within 6 months to about a year.

So cut Blockland some slack if updates are slow.

Badspot, is there any way that the host will be able to reliably get client's shader settings, possibly in future updates?

Undocumented change
  • Changed default ground texture from cement-pebbled to plate

This is how I knew there was an update haha

does this also affect A/D? (and maybe S, but I rarely wrench while going backwards in comparison to sideways/forwards)
it's fixed for all keys

This is beautiful.

• Added missing Parent::onTrustCheckFinished to Brick_Large_Cubes

:O

Thanks for listening Badspot :)

And now, we wait for r2000.

Fixed clicking while tumbling erroneously causing respawn
Everyone is happy about wwwww but this is the real best thing

i love how like 90% of everything that busted my balls is now fixed

r1981