BlockDoc - A Blockland coding wiki

Author Topic: BlockDoc - A Blockland coding wiki  (Read 1639 times)

The original topic was too old, and this site is very useful; so I decided make a new topic. Original topic by Pecon. This person is amazing! Check out their other works!

BlockDoc is a wiki that is striving to be a good reference for Blockland-specific coding and modification. There is a lot of content already, but it also isn't complete enough to prove of much use to anyone. I'd like to ask the modding community to help me in continuing to build this potentially powerful resource. If you feel like helping, note the list below and jump into any topic you like!

Things that really need to be done
- The Essential Functions List needs pages created for the remaining undocumented functions
- A beginners guide on General Modification needs to be written
- A beginners guide on Torquescript Syntax needs to be written

Things that are less important at the moment

- The Datablocks page needs pages created for most of the game's datablocks
- Object Types needs pages created for many of the game's objects

Don't bother
- The Console Function List has hundreds of functions without pages. I don't expect this to really ever be fully done.

Current significant contributors (Thanks!):
- Pecon
- Xalos
- Zapk
- Ipqµarx
- TheBlackParrot
- Honno
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:45:04 PM by rggbnnnnn »

May I contribute with functions I use a lot for random reasons which are unimportant and should not be told on a public forum? I see a lot of missing pages. (red links lol)

As long as they are 100% default

May I contribute with functions I use a lot for random reasons which are unimportant and should not be told on a public forum? I see a lot of missing pages. (red links lol)
There is actually a section for non-default resources. You can put them there if you think they are useful enough.

I want to add the article for strStr but I know there's some sort of subtle difference between it and strPos but I just don't know what it is and it bugs me

I want to add the article for strStr but I know there's some sort of subtle difference between it and strPos but I just don't know what it is and it bugs me
strPos has an optional offset parameter, which strStr lacks (ref)

i also think strStr lacks a case-insensitive alternative, as strPos has with striPos, but i could be wrong on that

would it be a good idea to post the contents of a dump on an object class?
e.g. fxDTSBrick, GameConnection, Player, etc.

already done
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 09:20:28 PM by TheBlackParrot »

would it be a good idea to post the contents of a dump on an object class?
e.g. fxDTSBrick, GameConnection, Player, etc.
We sorta already have that.
http://pecon.us/wiki/BlockDoc/index.php?title=Class_List

Holy crap
I can't describe how useful this is.
This deserves a 7.8/10 11/10.