Author Topic: Steam Workshop  (Read 1359 times)

What do you think about a steam workshop for blockland?

Its not possible
this has been stated many times.

Its not possible
im pretty sure it would be possible, it's just not worth it as it would require extra moderation which Blockland simply doesn't have

Its not possible
Are you dumb?

Its not possible
Care to give an example?

Its not possible
Then why is Rotondo planning to add it in his game that uses the same engine?

not by me
If an author removes the addon, its gone from your subscriptions
This really sucks if the author "Leaves the community" and nukes all their creations

Iffy Updating System
In many occasions I have seen the Author required to delete their workshop item and have to re-upload it as a new item, due to the workshop not updateing addons sometime for a strange error. This causes people the frustration of opening their game launching it, only to realize their addon is gone and they have to look through the workshop again, re-subscribe and restart their game, and unnecessary tedious process.

False DMCA Complaints and Copyright ♥♥♥♥♥s
These are absolute ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, if you have heard of the rappelling mod in gmod, some ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ named magenta is constantly filing dmca complaints because he/she believes they hold the rights to any kind of mod that uses similar code, aside from that you also have ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ companies looking for anything in the upload image to ♥♥♥♥ you over, that means if you use a font that for some reason is copy written and is not for free use, your workshop item will be unlisted untill you remove said infringing content, this can be hell if you used that same font in all the addon images, because that means you need to remake all of them.

File Size Limits
Yes, I know there might never be huge addons but still, this causes people to make separate workshop items that must all be subscribed too, not to mention the horrible spam of "server packs" that sometimes take up a whole page or two on the workshop.

Sorting through addons can be horrible
Notice I said "can be", that's because some games implement this in a good way like besiege, where as other games like gmod have terrible tags and there will most likely always be some type of addon in the wrong category ex. a dupe in saves

Would kill the forums for addons, and ONLY ADDONS
Many games have experienced this already, due to the workshop being an option that shows up on the game page, new players resort to that instead of checking the community for addons, therefor their forum community reduce in size or become inactive, people stop uploading stuff there and you know the rest...

Garrysmod is a Grade A+ example of how "well" the workshop works.

The way the workshop is know and how it functions would ruin the game instead of help it, the only thing I could possible see the workshop be good for would be saves, but again sorting through the workshop is done poorly.

Also I am unsure about this but, I think if the cloud servers go down, workshop items are unavailable, but I might be wrong on that one

will you stand for this gabe???

There's no point in it really. That's why we have add ons board and formerly RTB which you can browse through Daprogs orbs thing

Quote from: gebenuwell
*snip*
Whoever said that, they have a great point

There's no point in it really. That's why we have add ons board and formerly RTB which you can browse through Daprogs orbs thing
Except the Add-Ons board is a mess of add-ons, you can't specifically look for vehicles, weapons, etc, then there are dead links, creators that go inactive and never re-upload their add-on

And the add-ons on the various archives may be broken or have newer and/or more functional versions available elsewhere

Except the Add-Ons board is a mess of add-ons, you can't specifically look for vehicles, weapons, etc, then there are dead links, creators that go inactive and never re-upload their add-on

And the add-ons on the various archives may be broken or have newer and/or more functional versions available elsewhere
thank hell for the catagorized list of add-ons then