good cheap motherboards?

Author Topic: good cheap motherboards?  (Read 1097 times)

im looking for a new motherboard for my computer, it needs to support 8+ gb RAM, my current one has a bios from 2007 that only recognizes 4gb and it needs to be less than 150$

what do you guys recommend, im sick of getting 30 frames in CSGO

she lives 30 miles away now, and doesn't know jack about desktops, she has an Itouch and that is all she needs

What price range are you looking for? If you want higher fps than 30 of games like CSGO it's not going to be that cheap. Just remember you get what you pay for.

well I have a good graphics card already and an upgraded power supply but I still need a better cpu and a motherboard that can make use of it all

More ram isn't going to give a huge fps boost.
Granted, 4gb may be lowish, but csgo isn't very demanding, 4gb is it's recommended
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:11:08 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

it needs to support 8+ gb RAM

Seriously?

Mine can support up to 32 gb of RAM. Why would you want anything as low as 8?

Why would you want anything as low as 8?
Wow, you must be really good at twisting words to interpret it that way. Notice the "+"
Most likely case is he just said 8 because that's what he has.

Are you sure it's your motherboard that only supports 4gb? It's also probable that is your OS: 32 bit versions can only support 4gb, and they're still made and sold for some reason

Also, if you're upgrading from a 2007 motherboard, you pretty much need to buy an entire new computer; any modern motherboard is not going to support 2007 components such as CPU and RAM
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:21:10 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

i was going to get a new cpu anyway, also i have a friend who i could probably trade ram and things with to get it to work
my OS is 64 bit windows 8 pro so that isn't the bind

my current motherboard is a Gigabyte Ga-945p s3
it runs on the Intel 945p chipset which only supports 4gb

also the computer i have currently is a nonbranded case from a former subway terminal computer that is large enough to be compatible with most parts. If im already swapping nearly every internal component besides the hdd, graphics card and power supply, then why get a whole new case?

whats your cpu socket, what type of DDR is your ram, and what if any expansion cards do you have

whats your cpu socket, what type of DDR is your ram, and what if any expansion cards do you have
right now? I have an intel e2180 dual core 2.00 ghz
I looked it up and it says
"sockets supported, LGA775"

I bought this computer from that friend of mine almost a year ago and have done almost nothing to it since, I didn't build it so I don't know everything
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 02:50:46 PM by warble »

What price range are you looking for? If you want higher fps than 30 of games like CSGO it's not going to be that cheap. Just remember you get what you pay for.
this is complete bullstuff. having a high GAM3R military grade motherboard means jack stuff at best you're going to get maybe a 1 fps boost from a $300 mobo vs a $60 mobo

Just because your case is large enough to fit an ATX motherboard doesn't mean one will actually fit. Have you checked that the mounting holes are in the right place? Also, if the power supply is the one that came with the case it's probably past its best-before date and should be replaced as well.

To answer your question, as long as you stick to the main four manufactuers (ASUS, ASRock, Gigabyte and MSI) it shouldn't matter. Even their cheapest boards have decent quality components. RAM shouldn't be an issue either since I don't even think there's a single modern motherboard that doesn't support at least 16GB RAM.

Just to make things easy, post the current model of computer you have, the model of the graphics card and power supply and your maximum budget and I could put together a build for you.

now were getting somewhere, I just need to know what to get that will be upgradable in the future, and that will support good hardware

also the video card is an Nvidia Geforce GTX 750