Author Topic: ToonTown Rewritten! SO GOOOD  (Read 2362 times)

That other thread that I didn't notice because I'm dumb.

You guys remember that bomb game from 12 years ago that eventually dropped off and died because Disney stopped doing things with it?

IT'S BACK BABY.

https://www.toontownrewritten.com/

You know how you could always kind of tell that there were hints of a deeper storyline and established lore, but Disney never did anything with that?
THEY'RE writing friggin' SHAKESPEAR with this crap. They've incorporated tons of stuff into backstory and details- they've incorporated the discovery of the cog HQs into a story, and even ToonTown Rewritten's stemming off from ToonTown online ITSELF has been incorporated into a big plotline- all of which you can catch up and read on with their news blog. I may have spent several hours last night just reading it all.

They've added things players were requesting for years, even BEFORE the reboot. It's slightly buggy, but only because they've basically reverse engineered a lot of the game.

and it's FREE. Never played? Get yo butt onto the best mmo of the early 2000s. It's legal. It's improved. It's free. It's friggin nostalgia m8

List of Changes from ToonTown Online:
----------------------------------------------
  • Can see current invasions and population of districts
  • Button to see cog levels when at a weird angle in a fight
  • (I think) a new building in BBHQ that will have a use later
  • Can teleport to HQs when cog disguise is maxed out
  • shovel time is halved
  • Doodles are not yet functional
  • Miscellaneous minor tweaks
  • True friends aren't functional
  • Many new Toon colors
  • Flippy is in front of his desk by the door while Toon Hall undergoes "construction"
  • (Not sure if different from TTO, or just new since I stopped playing last) Toon accessories like shoes, hats, and glasses with a chest to store it all, along with street maps complete with the percentage of each type of cog on each street & targets for toontasks
  • New clothes, speedchat phrases, and other products in the catalog
  • Some changes to accessible grey areas (Namely in LBHQ)
  • A new website with a blog that has a very interesting ongoing story
  • Invasions and cog HQs give 2x gag experience
  • If you pass and don't attack any cog, you don't receive task credit
  • If someone moves around when being teleported to too much, the teleporting toon will crash (glitch)

Let me know what I missed!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:26:53 PM by Mysteroo »

They've added things players were requesting for years, even BEFORE the reboot. It's slightly buggy, but only because they've basically reverse engineered a lot of the game.
i'm interested in what exactly has changed from rewritten and the original

There's already a thread for this. This has a better OP though.

Can someone help me get drop? I'm on Dolan's richard

There's already a thread for this. This has a better OP though.
Whoops
I just got so hype about this and didn't see a topic immediately. But whatevs

i'm interested in what exactly has changed from rewritten and the original
Added a list of what I know of. Probably will update more later/tomorrow with some sites that have other cool new stuff

ah, i stopped playing when all of the tasks started to get really grindy in the brrrgh
cool game tho still, i just don't have the patience lol

ah, i stopped playing when all of the tasks started to get really grindy in the brrrgh
cool game tho still, i just don't have the patience lol
The game is actually potentially a lot less grindy now. Cog invasions give x2 experience, and with Invasion trackers and street cog percentages, it's really easy to get tasks done MUCH faster. Especially when you're a cheating buccaneer like me who dual boxes two toons to find things faster.

I play this game sometimes
I'm willing to play with some cool peeps from this forum, PM me if interested and I could shoot a friend code (is that how it works still? I forget) when I get the chance

i can't play toontown rewritten because it wants to use hardware rendering.
i have a stuff intel gpu, and intel isn't going to release windows 10 drivers for it. because of that, i have default windows graphics drivers that have an irrelevant version of opengl and no hardware acceleration.

NEVERMIND I DID IT
I INSTALLED THE LEGACY DRIVERS
forget YOU INTEL
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 02:10:20 AM by auzman466 »

I play this game sometimes
I'm willing to play with some cool peeps from this forum, PM me if interested and I could shoot a friend code (is that how it works still? I forget) when I get the chance
Nah, True friends don't work anymore for some silly reason. Hope they get that fixed sometime soon

Guys help
It's been less than three days and I already have 34 laff
My life is slipping awayyy

Guys help
It's been less than three days and I already have 34 laff
My life is slipping awayyy
Guys add me on steam if you wanna play
http://steamcommunity.com/id/AVerySweetGenius/
me and azu be kekking around, join the fun fam
nevermind loving server crashed when we were playing and is still down
« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 11:36:23 PM by HULKHOGANWWFWORLDCHAMPION »

Ah yes, I remember when everyone on toontown online was spending there jellybean's and using every toontown unite card in the playground's.