I think this guy is trying to scam me.

Author Topic: I think this guy is trying to scam me.  (Read 847 times)

So some random guy added me from a game of Team Fortress I was playing and he wants to buy my unusual with a steam cd card. He's acting strange and I'm not sure if he is trying to scam me.
Our conversation

A comment he left on my profile

He hasn't spoken after the recent conversation.
/discuss

This does not belong in drama, as it is not about another blockland player.

definitely a scam. don't people usually use a middleman of sorts for real-money trades?

Rai -> Raindeer -> Reindeer -> Caribou -> Bear_Tracks

It's all a conspiracy

definitely a scam. don't people usually use a middleman of sorts for real-money trades?
Unlikely but there's a chance he's doing that.

Yes, and they never use steam cash. 99% of the time they use paypal.
Its like having a craigslist person asking for money order or some stuff and someone will pick the item up. iirc they will grab it and by the time they do the money order will bounce. Always ask for cash for physical trades, and for online trades, use paypal and have them put in the note "For virtual items; no refunds"

I wouldn't take anything but tf2 currency

I wouldn't take anything but tf2 currency

Sometimes an unusual costs a VERY large amount of money, and with buds no longer being a currency, keys are all thats left. with as many keys needed, sometimes its just easier to go with money instead. Its sketchy, but what can you do.

Sometimes an unusual costs a VERY large amount of money, and with buds no longer being a currency, keys are all thats left. with as many keys needed, sometimes its just easier to go with money instead. Its sketchy, but what can you do.
tru i forgot buds are so low now lol

I confronted him and told him he was a middleman

Which probably wasn't really a good idea

I confronted him and told him he was a middleman

That's not what a middleman is... A middle man is someone both sides can trust, usually trusted on a trade site, who once gets items from both people gives them each others items. Example being you give the middle man the unusual and he gives the middle man the cash. The middle man then gives you the cash and him the unusual. Very simple.

when you hear "activate with steam CD card"
immediately abandon
its a loving scam

That's not what a middleman is... A middle man is someone both sides can trust, usually trusted on a trade site, who once gets items from both people gives them each others items. Example being you give the middle man the unusual and he gives the middle man the cash. The middle man then gives you the cash and him the unusual. Very simple.
is it not that the middleman keeps the unusual til the unusual owner confirms that he got the money, if not the middleman gives back the unusual?

call him a loving scammer cause hes gonna give you a bullstuff key

Rai -> Raindeer -> Reindeer -> Caribou -> Bear_Tracks

It's all a conspiracy

I'm offended