Author Topic: Yet another TBM exploit (?)  (Read 11010 times)

Well, I was lookin around in TBM 2.0 and in some of the maps are this:
Code: [Select]
if (strstr(getmodpaths(),"tbm")==-1)
   return;
function AudioProfiled() {
  if (strstr(getmodpaths(),"tbm")==-1 || strstr(getmodpaths(),"rtb")!=-1 || strstr(getmodpaths(),"aio")!=-1)
    quit();

Basically what it can do is if you use AiO or RTB in the same file with the map it might put somewhere in a file
quit(); that will close the mod pack each time you load it. Is this a possible exploit? If it is then everyone gets free cookies  :cookie:
EDIT: sorry! no one gets free cookies. This isnt an exploit and  :cookieMonster: at them all.

Edit: Yep, its basically a screw-around in TBM. It wont affect your BL directory (from what I know), all it will do is if you use this map the map wont load.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 12:38:48 AM by Miga »

Seems to be an anti-theft code; not really an exploit.

Badspot

• Administrator
Its just simple friendry.  They're taking a fun, open source beta and trying to turn it into their own closed-source rooster measuring contest. 

Badspot

• Administrator
holy stuff i have a foul er.. keyboard.  I should put some more word censors in. 

omg dood u found sploitz lol give cokies to evry1 :cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie::cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

So BadSpot, mind releasing the code needed to build the Torque engine like in BL? After all, it is open source, right? The "beta" was fun half a year ago. Most people have moved on.

No, its not an exploit. Its easy to disable too. Just replace the code with this:

if (strstr(getmodpaths(),"MY MOD FOLDER")==-1)
   return;
function AudioProfiled() {
  if (strstr(getmodpaths(),"MY MOD FOLDER")==-1 || strstr(getmodpaths(),"WTF???")!=-1 || strstr(getmodpaths(),"WTF???")!=-1)
    quit();

Of course, anybody could figure that out, just figured I'd post it so even a complete idiot can do it.

Badspot

• Administrator
So BadSpot, mind releasing the code needed to build the Torque engine like in BL? After all, it is open source, right?

Nah, I'd rather release a new version that detects if you have any other games installed, then deletes them.  That would be the tbm way!

Heh. Good one Badspot. Have a :cookie:

When I bought a mouse with a numpad built in, I noticed a button labeled "BS". Did Badspot make that mouse for Blockland, and he marked it with his initials? :cookieMonster:

Well, I went to the site that makes these, and I couldn't finf it. But here's the site and the product ID:

www.sakar.com
M07017 (M is optional)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2005, 05:12:32 PM by Maveric »

Badspot

• Administrator
Mouse with a numpad built in O_o
Link?

I can't seem to find a link, but Staples has them in stock. They cost $40, and are optical, but there is a catch: you have to use a switch to flip back and forth between mouse mode and keypad mode.

Yea, I keep searching the Web, but I can't find a pic. Maybe I'll scan the mouse and the box...

badspot sure has been quote-on-quote flippy end-quote.

Sirs, the code you have located does not delete anything whatsoever, and only checks to make sure it's in TBM. If it's not then it just doesn't execute the file.
The rest of your mod will work fine.

Badspot

• Administrator
... If it's not then it just doesn't execute the file.

Actually, it quits the game with no error message or anything.  That would be what "quit();" does. :/

I went to staples recently, theres that mouse with the numpad built in it  :cookieMonster:
EDIT: BS is right, quit(); does... yes...
Its actually quite easy to delete, just delete the code on the first post, and it should run just fine.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 12:36:59 AM by Miga »

You could always override the quit function aswell.

function quit()
{
      echo("PWNED MCP/ROB");
}

Then do alt+f4 to close the game. I think theres another way to quit aswell.