Author Topic: World of Warcraft Megathread V.3  (Read 7450 times)

Oh yea this game exists
I used to be really addicted to this but started misliking it at Cataclysm then just plain hated it when pandas started loving taking over Azeroth

They are applying the scaling to zones that are getting the legion invasions, so that low levels can help max levels defend against the legion. It should also be a unique way of leveling up.
imo it should be applied to everything and have premade 5 man time walking raiding be a thing with timewalking specialized gear and is actually a challenge.
would be a great way to do timewalking without making you want to kill yourself.
It's effectively harder to scam kids out of hats on WoW

Also some part of me misses playing this game and I dunno if it's worth buying again. What do you guys think?
wait half a year for legions release then buy it when the prepatch for legion comes out.
wod is an awful expansion and once you actually deplete the content (which doesn't take long, that's how little content this expac has) legion will be out.

or you can wait till wod is in the battle chest and buy everything then. although knowing wod i have my suspicions that it'll be out right as the legion prepatch comes out anyways.

if you want an idea of how bad wod is:
6.0.3 was the launch patch and what it had was 1 stuffty daily that changed every day and dungeons, nobody really shook 2 stuffs because what was there was really good.
6.1 introduced... selfie cameras and twitter integration??? aka forgetall, this was when we noticed some stuff going down the toilet. blackrock foundry was an amazing raid and i raided 5 days a week during this time.
6.2 introduced tanaan jungle, it was decent the first time you did it but then it was stuff and boring every time after and forget me it gave 695 gear which was better then 90% of blackrock foundry gear at the time...? hellfire citadel came out and did this weird and arguably stuffty way of ilvls where the deeper you go the better gear it was (hint people were wondering what the forget blizzard was smoking when they did this, before it was a flat rate ilvl)
hellfire citadel was alright which turned into mediocre once people got their legendary rings by this point (MMM nothing says overpowered legendary like a 44% damage increase for 15 seconds which explodes for 44% of all damage dealt over that period on a fully upgraded ring)
Oh yea this game exists
I used to be really addicted to this but started misliking it at Cataclysm then just plain hated it when pandas started loving taking over Azeroth
mists of pandaria was one of my favorite expansions imo

started off fairly mediocre but then 5.1 came out and it got a bit better.
5.2 came out and isle of thunder in what is the best island/patch wow has ever had.
5.3 i can't even remember but that means it was meh/okay.
5.4 was timeless isle and that was really fun with siege of orgrimmar and it was really fun. not a bad patch to end on but it lasted way too long.

Dude yes get it ^_^, Dalan's Garrison building is so awesome! I completely fan girled over that lol... I kind of with they would make a Guild Garrison, but I guess blizzard doesn't want that  :panda:

Patch 5.3 was the whole war effort against the Kor'kron

forget, I forgot why monks were fun to play as. I've been enlightened by the way of the brewmaster.

Used to play WoW, but I lost my sub 'cuz money issues, doesn't help I didn't play as much towards the end.

Had a level 90 warlock as my main, played literally nothing else because the other classes just didn't interest me.

Had him since classic, his name was Branze and I played on Aeries Peak, it's a shame, I'd love to play again (even if I had to switch servers) but finding a community that continues to interest you is really hard.

EDIT: I spent almost 90% of my playtime farming and working towards getting an insane amount of pets and mounts

I mean, jesus forget, I have that giant purple dragon you get from doing all of the holiday events.

I had no life.

Used to play WoW, but I lost my sub 'cuz money issues, doesn't help I didn't play as much towards the end.

Had a level 90 warlock as my main, played literally nothing else because the other classes just didn't interest me.

Had him since classic, his name was Branze and I played on Aeries Peak, it's a shame, I'd love to play again (even if I had to switch servers) but finding a community that continues to interest you is really hard.

EDIT: I spent almost 90% of my playtime farming and working towards getting an insane amount of pets and mounts

I mean, jesus forget, I have that giant purple dragon you get from doing all of the holiday events.

I had no life.
find a raid team
or find a nice casual guild
get involved, go to community events
i love my guilds

find a raid team
or find a nice casual guild
get involved, go to community events
i love my guilds

This, I joined up with a more active guild recently on my main, stuffs fun when you can find the right people.

is it bad that i have more luck with those weekly pugs that are guilds without the guild with raid teams?

i've always found that stormrage guilds are a bunch of richards crammed into a small space.
i've really found only 3 guilds that actually were really good but they all suffered from mass quitting the game syndrome.

the rest i just no.

and then i join some weekly puggers and hot damn the environment seems to be a millionty billion times better. even if they do solve some issues with kicks i've somehow had a lot more fun with weekly pugs then i've had with guilds in total.

is it bad that i have more luck with those weekly pugs that are guilds without the guild with raid teams?

i've always found that stormrage guilds are a bunch of richards crammed into a small space.
i've really found only 3 guilds that actually were really good but they all suffered from mass quitting the game syndrome.

the rest i just no.

and then i join some weekly puggers and hot damn the environment seems to be a millionty billion times better. even if they do solve some issues with kicks i've somehow had a lot more fun with weekly pugs then i've had with guilds in total.

Odd, skywall has a lot of friendly guilds. Same goes for Drak'thul, it must change by realm.

Odd, skywall has a lot of friendly guilds. Same goes for Drak'thul, it must change by realm.
stormrage is an exceedingly overpopulated overrated alliance server.
literally all the server is, is alliance.
and it has a huge reputation just for that, im not surprised richardwads are in here.

I haven't played recently, so is emerald dream still in that multi boxing mess?

If people formed a Blockland guild I'd start playing again. I quit because I was bored because I was alone.

stormrage is an exceedingly overpopulated overrated alliance server.
literally all the server is, is alliance.
and it has a huge reputation just for that, im not surprised richardwads are in here.

Why is it that everyone who plays alliance, are a bunch of richards?

I haven't played recently, so is emerald dream still in that multi boxing mess?
not only is it still in that mess, it ESCALATED

with new guilds that are out that are ALSO crashing the server and now pointing fingers at eachother non stop including prepared.

i still follow the YAAC guideline for this situation (You Are All Cancer)

Why is it that everyone who plays alliance, are a bunch of richards?
remember that stormrage has a huge reputation so thats likely attracting richardwads especially when weekly pugs are surprisingly nice outside of the expected PULL GRAGGRA = KICK.

also idk why but the recruitment for non mythic guilds on stormrage has also ceased completely. not sure about other servers.