Massive Rant 8: iPhones loving Suck

Author Topic: Massive Rant 8: iPhones loving Suck  (Read 2306 times)

Massive Rant 8
iPhones loving Suck

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

I honestly just loving hate Apple. This whole rant is just going to be cynical bias, so if you're a "hardcore Apple fan", I wouldn't consider reading.

I use computers and phones nearly every day. We, as the human race are starting to depend on them (pretty scary to be honest). While I use a Windows PC as my main computer, I'm stuck using an iPhone as well, a phone. Before you say,
hey at least they got you something...
I realize this. But what I'm ranting about is just a matter of personal preference and the overall utilization and issues with the phone itself. It's definitely better than nothing, but it's still a pain in the ass.

I rely on my iPhone for a lot, communication mostly. Back in 2011, I got my first smartphone, an iPhone 4. I really didn't need it at the time and I was content with my enV Touch. Keep in mind, back then, there was no Snapchat, Instagram was fairly new, and the App Store had a load of stuff, so all I basically used my phone for was texting/calling. While I kept my phone in beautiful condition (no scratches, no dirt, no scuffs, etc.), my family constantly kept braking phones over and over, meaning they would use up all of the contracts to upgrade to the newest phone. I didn't really care about getting a new phone because I was fine with what I had. Skip forward to 2013, I somehow break my iPhone 4. It's not like I didn't have a case on it, I had one of those ones covered in like 10 feet of loving rubber and plastic with a thick screen over the touchscreen, yet my phone manages out of nowhere to completely shatter from a frontfacing drop of around 5 feet. Ridiculous, but whatever, I still had my one contract that I could use to upgrade to a 4S. So I get my 4S, and I immediately start having issues with it.

I'm not going to build a whole argumentative paragraph, I'm just going to flat out list the issues I have with it. First, the battery starts to drain loving constantly. I close out of apps, leave it charging for days, restart many times, nothing worked. The battery would still drop from a full 100% to around 35% in less than an hour. We didn't get a warranty from the shady ass Verizon store we got the phone from, so couldn't really get a new one. I just stuck with this issue the entire time I had the 4S. The 4S also had an issue where it just wouldn't recognize chargers. I could plug it in with 10 different cords and it still only recognized it 20% of the time, meaning it would only charge if it felt like it. Also, messages just never loving sent. It could have been the 3G acting up, or it could have been the stuffty phone. I wouldn't be surprised.

Skip forward to last year, when my parents made me get an iPhone 6 because I was the only one in the family that still had a 4S. Now, at first, the phone worked great. No issues, no problems whatsoever. Well about a month in, I started getting really bullstuff issues with it. The whole "not receiving/sending messages or calls" started happening constantly which is insanely loving annoying. To fix this, I have to restart my phone which takes around a minute, and then it will take probably an extra 5 minutes for this dumbforget to finally get the missed call/message again. This happens anywhere from every day to every week, it's just random. The battery also started getting issues again, even when I'm on Airplane Mode. It can drain from 100% to 75% on AIRPLANE MODE with only around 1-2 apps open for around an hour. That's unacceptable. You've got to love that "i'm too cold/hot, shutting off" horsestuff. It'll be 42°F and my phone will think it's too chilly and decide to catch some ZZZ's until I plug it in for 30 minutes. If I got lost in a cold forest, my phone would hit the dust days before I did. The storage is pretty forgeted up too. I always get that pop-up telling me that I have no space left on my phone, yet I do. My phone can hold around 12GB of stuff, and it's telling me that I've used 11.6GB. I constantly have to delete videos, pictures, and apps just to keep this phone happy. I currently have around 350 pictures and 30 videos, which shouldn't take up "1.9GB", but whatever. Looking at the actual apps that use up this space, the numbers just don't add up. I calculated the actual total of space I'm using, and it's only roughly 7.6GB, meaning I have around 4.5GB remaining. Well, apparently I don't. I have no clue what's taking up this hidden 4.5 gigabytes, but it's probably some stupid behind-the-scenes bullstuff like a pending update. That's another thing, the updates. No, I don't want to upgrade to iOS version 9.0.1.2.0.0.0.0.0.1, just let me stay at iOS 8 and forget off with your constant reminders. Yes, I know that not updating may cause issues, but when it constantly loving reminds me to update to some useless update that adds little graphical bells and whistles, while adding 5000 more bugs, I'd rather stay with my more stable version. I've already ranted about how I hate the stupid fingerprint stuff, so read that here if you haven't. If I couldn't add enough to the pile of issues, my phone is now suffering the issue that it won't play any audio and is stuck on "Headphone volume". I've tried multiple things online, but nothing has fixed it. The phone does, however, play music through headphones still so that's a plus. From what I've experienced with three iPhones over 5 years is that they can be loving bastards and generally handicapped, but who knows? I know people that have never had an issue with their iPhone and love it dearly and probably give it handies under the sheets at night.

I would love to switch to any other phone (excluding a Windows Phone), but I'm told by my family several times we're on an "iPhone plan" and that all other phones are garbage. When they took me to get an iPhone 6, I told them that I wanted an LG G4 or a Galaxy S6, but told once again that any phone besides an iPhone is generally terrible. Just like they're brainwashed Christians believing that anything could be the devil. I really don't want a phone, let alone use mine extensively, I just want something that works. I can only use my iPhone for Spotify on the bus, occasionally use Snapchat/Instagram, can never use my texting/calls because it's broken as a cripple, and play like one game on it. That's it. My mom has finally seen the light and might actually let me get a different phone because I honestly cannot depend on a device that only functions 25% of the time and always makes up bullstuff excuses.

I have a solution: get a flip phone.

in the long run, the only solution to this is to get your own phone plan and avoid your family like the plague

Buy an android phone.

I have a solution: get a flip phone.

parents wont let him/flip phones probably don't do what he needs them to

I hate iPhones so much
And the people who own them are usually sooo annoying
"oh look i got some super expensive phone i must be amazing"

I have a fully updated 6 and it's glitchy as hell. Apple used to at least be consistent in quashing bugs, but consistently freezing when trying to do things like open an app drives me insane. Don't like how I have no control over what's running, either, or the bundled crap I can't remove. Might as well shoot myself in the foot as far as security goes.

My Moto G cost me 260 AUD and it's been a really good phone over this past year, fast charge is amazing, battery life is on the scale of days even under quite heavy usage and even though it isn't the fastest phone it still runs everything that I need it to run just fine.

in my experience, windows phones are a lot like apple phones, but with more consistency/stability and less popular apps

not to mention the different aesthetic, but I feel like Windows phones come out on top in that regard

My Moto G cost me 260 AUD and it's been a really good phone over this past year, fast charge is amazing, battery life is on the scale of days even under quite heavy usage and even though it isn't the fastest phone it still runs everything that I need it to run just fine.

still haven't gotten mine yet but I love hearing people's positive experiences with it lol

build a mech out of nokias with the outer layer being iphone 6's and jump into a volcano and then create a base inside it

Well what pops out to me is that maybe you should do the updates, because that's where the bug fixes for the issues you're having are going to be.

Also, try to find a way to convince your family that not all non-iphone phones are crap. Idk anything about your family, so can understand if that straight up won't work.

Lastly, does your phone use a CIM card? You could just buy a fairly inexpensive Android phone (Moto G, LG G2, Oneplus X, etc) and pop the CIM in.

don't bother upgrading to the new iOS

if the phone works, leave it. iOS updates are a pain in the ass in recent years

Lastly, does your phone use a CIM card? You could just buy a fairly inexpensive Android phone (Moto G, LG G2, Oneplus X, etc) and pop the CIM in.

ooo a secret relationship

straight outta Romeo & Juliet

apple makes the best phones but i hate every other product they make

apple makes the best phones
have you even had an andriod
like a good good one?

apple has the best interface IMO but they're super fragile. my phone once survived some starfish trying to break it by throwing it on the ground and it was a Nexus 6. it's huge, but its a beast