Author Topic: Better Client/Server Healthbar mod  (Read 10877 times)

Is this backwards-compatible with the old health bar? As in you can use it as a client on a server with an older version, or vice versa? If that's true I'll add this one to Boss Battles right away.

Is this backwards-compatible with the old health bar? As in you can use it as a client on a server with an older version, or vice versa? If that's true I'll add this one to Boss Battles right away.
Yeah, I tested this on your server yesterday and it is backwards compatible! It uses the same command, all it does is sends another argument over if it sends HP.

Edit: Updated OP so people know they don't need the server to have the same version as this mod
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:41:35 AM by Kyuande »

Update: When switching datablocks your HP print should update. Apparently this is also an issue with the old heath bar mod but it's really not to be concerned with, it just doesn't update max health.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 11:54:18 AM by Kyuande »

So does this work for clients when they join a server that runs this and they don't have it?

So does this work for clients when they join a server that runs this and they don't have it?
No, and neither did the old one. It's as it should be.

v2:
+ Added missing redToGreen function, if you don't have the Boss Battles client this mod will most likely screw up your colors, please redownload immediately.
+ Now on updater

Thanks to Pecon the mod you will now able to be kept up with the mod (http://visolator.block.land)! You'll need to redownload the mod to continue.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 03:02:46 PM by Kyuande »

So, can this be used client-side without the server having it?

Could there be a modified version that does that?

Visolator do you ever stop being so awesome?

2.1 Update:
+ Fixed issues with server not sending health percent properly.
Developer: You can now use Player::sendHealthData and GameConnection::sendHealthData if you use custom health mods to send new health changes right away.

You can download from the OP or you can use your updater to update using Updater.checkForUpdates(); in the console. Thanks for downloading!

Could there be a modified version that does that?
Badspot blocked clients from getting health information from everyone including themselves, so there's no way of getting the information.

Sorry, quick update because I broke something so I mind as well just add something:

2.3 update:
+ Accidentally broke another part of the mod where it always sent the HP but not the bar, which is now fixed.
+ Developers can use Player::sendHealthData(%player, %invincible) (Same for GameConnection::sendHealthData(%client, %invincible), %invincible is where it tells the client they are invincible. (Last update was able to do this but now you can send invincible variables to the client, it will undo when they get damaged)
When %invincible is sent to the client correctly

If you send the data again with %invincible being 0 it will go back to what the player's health is again; will also change back when damaged.