Author Topic: Any chance of seeing Blockland on Xbox Live Arcade?  (Read 6772 times)

With the Xbox 360, Microsoft will be enlisting indie game devs to create some more simple-style games that can be downloaded from Xbox Live, and played online via the Xbox 360. Is there any chance that you guys would want to play Blockland Retail on your 360s?

I would personally think it would be awesome to enjoy the game with that huge of a userbase! And just think how much money Badspot would make from how many people would be downloading it!

Sounds cool, if that happens, I might buy the xbox360. But I kinda feel that it wouldn't be worth it for me, I do almost never play on my normal xbox, must be like 2 months ago.. Anyway, Blockland on xbox360 sounds awesome :)

Mocheeze, in order for BL to go on Xbox-360, but it would require upgrading to TSE (150$ upgrade for BS), then having GarageGames be a publisher. (Which is better then lego).

It wouldn't be very fun w/o a mouse, keyboard, and mods... :|

Badspot

• Administrator
It wouldn't be very fun w/o a mouse, keyboard, and mods... :|

Well, I'll agree on mouse and keyboard...

Porting over to TSE wouldnt be such a big deal (I've got TSE already), but making everything all shaderific and up to xbox standars would be.  Also the control scheme would require some thought. 

It's so funny you mention that because I was thinking about this in the shower last week... on the current controller, say: d-pad moves brick,2 buttons move up and down, right brown townog stick rotates bricks, left brown townog stick moves player, a 3rd button is jetpack, holding down left trigger activates brick selection: left-right moves through slots, up-down cycles through bricks/colors (like the mouse wheel inTBM/RTB), left trigger press-release by itself changes between brick placement/spraycan, right trigger is like left mouse button.

Would be AWESOME.

(I'm gonna buy TSE Soon aswell.)
Badspot, i donno if you saw it. But theres a thing called TSE 360, that allows TSE to run on PS2/3, Nintendo Rev, and Xbox 360. Its not released yet.

TSE is an awesome product but my poor graphics card won't support its advantages much anyway :\ But poking through TGE itself has been awesome - it's really such a great engine that in many ways isn't being used to its full capabilities, and TSE adds that much MORE core functionality that it quickens the pulse a bit to consider.

I also think TSE is awsome, the new GFX Layer is suppost to be awsome. The GFX Layer is also suppost to make it easier to port to other platforms.

Badspot

• Administrator
(I'm gonna buy TSE Soon aswell.)
Badspot, i donno if you saw it. But theres a thing called TSE 360, that allows TSE to run on PS2/3, Nintendo Rev, and Xbox 360. Its not released yet.

They had Marble Blast Ultra up and running on the Xbox360s at IGC.  It uses TSE.   

Blockland on Live arcade would be great in my oppinion, the only thing I would find odd is the controls.I could see the controls working though, if done the way luquado described. Anyway badspot how was Igc?

it wouldn't be the same tho, think when ur typing in the game and all those fun bann words tbm has... anyway if they put it on a system like that u would need to talk and for all the kids and 10 year olds who play it would be a mess. really its better typing my be annoying sometimes but would u rather have other ppls sounds and drunken monkey talk?

Badspot, i heard about that, i wanted to go to IGC Very bad. You see the recreation of mars on TSE? AWSOME stuff.

Rit: How come your never on AIM man?

When I get my 360, I'll hook the controller into my computer and try out blockland with it. It would be great over Live because then you could voice chat with everyone. FORGET TYPING! Voice is the wave of the future. Lol.

I have forgotten how to speak. When I am out and about and I attempt to communicate with other RTH (real-time humans) I merely lift up my hands and waggle my fingers at them. It helps if there's a keyboard around.