Author Topic: What are good guides to Torquescript and Blockland's specific features?  (Read 1898 times)

As I was unable to find anything Blockland-specific to use on Blockland, and probably insufficient Torquescript knowledge*, I would like you to guide me there, as you most certainly know better.

This way I'll be able to utilize my ideas and prove that I'm not the alt of a hated forumer, at the very least. But mainly materialize what I'm thinking of doing here**

TL;DR: Title.

*There's a sticky, yes, but it mainly contains Torquescrpt in general.

**No, it's nothing malicious, Jokers.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:06:11 PM by Marios »

*No, it's nothing malicious, Jokers.
Wasn't thinking it til' you said it Bub.

OT: This thread contains a big list of the various help guides created.

Wasn't thinking it til' you said it Bub.

Just shielding myself from any jokes, don't mind that.

OT: This thread contains a big list of the various help guides created.

Didn't help on Blockland-specific features, that's why I'm asking for them here.

You're going to have to be way more specific.

You're going to have to be way more specific.

Title. It isn't specific enough? How more specific do you want it to be?

OP, everything in said thread linked by Dannu are blockland-specific

Title. It isn't specific enough? How more specific do you want it to be?
theres no blockland api - you're gonna have to find things out yourself by asking around or searching for the things you need individually. your best bet is to just read the code of existing addons for what you need to know.
coders in general are nice and willing to help out. if you are ever looking for how to find out how to do something, you can ask me and i could direct you to some addons which do part of what you want to make.

theres no blockland api - you're gonna have to find things out yourself by asking around or searching for the things you need individually. your best bet is to just read the code of existing addons for what you need to know.

Oh, how fun it is spelunking... Especially when you'll need to look in pretty much every hole.
I thought I was doing something wrong scavenging my way into add-ons. We really could use a dump for significant variables and functions, described where possible.

Here goes to compiling an add-on after 1 GB downloads!

Edit: On the other hand, if you could tell me how to get someone's trust level to X?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:23:45 PM by Marios »

let me correct myself - there's no universal blockland API online, but there are ways to see what's available without them..

you can get lists of functions and stuff by typing things into console like %cl.dump (where %cl is the client object; if you type in %cl by itself you're gonna crash) which will list all possible commands. this works for any object, including player, brick, vehicle, etc. there's also one to see global functions but i forgot what that is.

trace(1); also helps in figuring out what exactly is being run when you do certain things.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:52:32 PM by Conan »

let me correct myself - there's no universal blockland API online, but there are ways to see what's available without them..

you can get lists of functions and stuff by typing things into console like %cl.dump (where %cl is the player object; if you type in %cl by itself you're gonna crash) which will list all possible commands. this works for any object, including player, brick, vehicle, etc. there's also one to see global functions but i forgot what that is.

trace(1); also helps in figuring out what exactly is being run when you do certain things.

Much obliged.

Edit: On the other hand, if you could tell me how to get someone's trust level to X?
setmutualbrickgrouptrust(blid1, blid2, trustlevel);
trustlevel = 0 is no trust
= 1 is build trust
= 2 is full trust
= 3 (supposedly) is your own bricks, aka you can wand them. doesn't work for me though.

these kinds of things you can find using search and limiting yourself to searching only modification help.

To correct Conan's information. It's %object.dump();
And a client is the person's connection to the server. Not their player object.

You can use findClientByName("Person's Name") to get their client object. And the player variable(.player) on the object will be the ID of the person's player object.

these kinds of things you can find using search and limiting yourself to searching only modification help.
It was easier to search for coding related stuff before Badspot merged the Coding Help thread.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:50:36 PM by jes00 »

theres no blockland api

http://bldocs.nullable.se/html/

There's no official blockland api

I just found out about this today, so I haven't checked to see if it useful or not, but it seems legit.

That really doesn't help you that much in getting comfortable with navigating around in TS.