Author Topic: good upgrade? yes? no?  (Read 2585 times)

thought of a possible problem. i'm not sure if the cooler will make a clearance over the ram.

thought of a possible problem. i'm not sure if the cooler will make a clearance over the ram.
it should be fine

even some games that don't require a lot of graphical power need 4 cores. what do i do about that though?
if you feel like you need 4, save a little longer and buy an i5, or go AMD if you're impatient.

might save up more for a new psu since this is the one i have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153166

kind of scared of the reviews that it's gonna take a stuff on me sometime in the future.

what do you plan on using it for

that's the most important thing.

emulators? mmos? fps? office 365?

also gimme full spec list that's also important

low to mid range for settings on aaa titles.

specs on my current pc or the upgrade?

define which AAA titles you're interested in

also current pc.

bf4, star wars battlefront, fallout 4, etc.

specs (atm)

cpu: pentium e6700 @ 3.2 ghz
ram: 3 gb ddr3-800 (i know absolutely horrible)
gpu: gt 730 2 gb ddr3

get this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487025

will stuff all over ur face and ur gt 730 and leave u satisfied

EDIT: actually forget that get this instead

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487156
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 09:55:14 PM by Niblic² »

bf4, star wars battlefront, fallout 4, etc.

specs (atm)

cpu: pentium e6700 @ 3.2 ghz
ram: 3 gb ddr3-800 (i know absolutely horrible)
gpu: gt 730 2 gb ddr3
what OS is this?

Dude a pentium will not help out much here, new or not if your on a budget you should probably look at AMD's offers, just stay away from the anthlon line and the a6, A8, A10, FX Series would be better.

If not save your cash and get yourself an i3 or i5.

Also put more cash into the gpu and less into your cpu, cpu is important but just remember its not the one that will be doing the graphics related work.

GTX 730 is a nono, for the extra cash from not spending much on the cpu, get yourself a gtx 950, and entry level gpu's are kind of a joke considering some of the high end intel cpu's (i5, i7 recent gen.) integrated graphics can actually outperform them.

windows 10
You can save a lot of cash buying Windows 7 or 8, 8.1 and using the free upgrade offer instead of buying the OS for the whole price.

?? why would i need to get windows 10 when i have it?

also, so i should get like an fx-4300 and some am3+ mobo?

never mind, it's 80 bucks for it

if ur really desperate you can go buy used parts from places like reddit.com/r/hardwareswap or whatever

i'm not that desperate tbh

also, the g3258 is a good processor if oc'ed to 4 ghz. there's videos with the g3258 and a gt 730 and they play games like gta 5 and the witcher at medium to high settings at about 40 - 50 fps
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:09:50 PM by hillkill »