What do you think happens after we die?

Author Topic: What do you think happens after we die?  (Read 3228 times)

how are you supposed to figure out whether you're the one imagining everyone else, or someone else is imagining you? maybe the meaning of life is to find out who is the one doing the imagining
Then maybe the real reason people kill others is to try and find the person doing the imagining. When the world as we know it ceases to exist, the imaginer has died.

Then maybe the real reason people kill others is to try and find the person doing the imagining. When the world as we know it ceases to exist, the imaginer has died.
So is the imaginer human, or immortal?
Were they alive for all of history, or is the universe only as old as the imaginer? Is all history earlier than that just a deeper creation of theirs?
Is the imaginer even aware they are imagining?

It implies that the imaginer is living in current time. The past was merely imagined.

Or, the imaginer is what we call God. Doesn't really seem too far off

I think we either go to heaven or hell.

From that guy's perspective, dying sounds quite nice. It's being brought back to life that sounds like a nightmare.

It implies that the imaginer is living in current time. The past was merely imagined.

Or, the imaginer is what we call God. Doesn't really seem too far off
So we're all trying to find/kill God??
And he's letting us? Weird.

So we're all trying to find/kill God??
And he's letting us? Weird.
Nah, I was referring to the imaginer being god as an alternative theory.

From that guy's perspective, dying sounds quite nice. It's being brought back to life that sounds like a nightmare.
"The worst part of dying was coming back."
   ~ someone on /r/shortscarystories, probably
Were they alive for all of history, or is the universe only as old as the imaginer? Is all history earlier than that just a deeper creation of theirs?
maybe the imaginer is reincarnated each time they die without anyone knowing their true nature

To me the most logical theory is either reincarnation or absolutely nothing. Your body is full of energy, and when you die that energy has to go somewhere - It's just a matter of whether or not your conscience goes with you.

jesus christ man that's scary, I don't want to die even if it feels nice

I'm satisfied with being alive, thank you

I'll never die. I'm an immortal being, perfect in nature and not lacking in knowledge of the heavens. My prison will simply wither and fade but i'll persist and observe, eternally young and forever free from the clutches of sin.

We're all omnipotent and can see through the universe like a looking glass. However, we all chose to look no further than the physical.

The physical only stays for so long, but we're here to stay.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 08:10:42 AM by Path »

you cant kill me

im already dead

As a Christian, I believe that either we go to hell or are reunited with God in heaven after death.

Because of this belief, I do not fear death in the slightest. By no means to I want to just drop down dead anytime, but I'm not worried about it at all.

new hypothesis: we turn into gravity waves

Nobody knows. Anyone who claims to know, doesn't really know. Simple as that.