Author Topic: Integrated gpu. What can bl do.  (Read 469 times)

I will be making blockland one of my light gaming games only soon here, on my new work computer im putting together.
It will be in an ultra sff on an 6700k. And i wont be getting a low profile video card likely till pascal stuff is around later this year. If i turn off shaders completely, what can modern intels handle for brick count, draw distance, and anti aliasing?

Edit,

prob not forced anti aliasing at all i guess lol. That was an nvidia software setting im use to xd

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-satellite-15-6-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-brushed-metal/4356817.p?id=1219736062650&skuId=4356817

this is my laptop. i upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. summary: it has intel graphics, 12GB memory, and and i7 that runs at 2.6 ghz on max (haswell processor).

after the upgrade my laptop can run minimum shaders at 200k bricks with about 25-30 fps, no input lag just framerate lag. it can run low to max shaders when necessary to take pictures, without crashing, but low will instantly cut my fps in half, while max by like 1/6-1/8. i can run hata's soft shaders on custom low while on max without much more performance loss, but it still lags like forget and is only worth doing for nice pictures.

noedit: all of the data i said above is with draw distance maxed. if you want to do "anti-aliasing" for photos, you can set your $megashotScaleFactor in console to 2-4, and it will make all pictures (DOF or standard ctrl-p) the game screen size * factor.

noedit x2: the resolution of the computer isn't 4k, its 1366 x 768. toshiba had like 3 versions of this specific laptop all priced around the same range, basic specs exactly the same but displays different.

Aw not bad then. Intel cpus can game way more then i thought lol

Aw not bad then. Intel cpus can game way more then i thought lol
amd is terrible right now
i wouldn't buy them until they release the zen series late this year or early next year

apparently it will blow skylake out of the water but no one officially knows the specs yet