Author Topic: Currently Supported Print Fonts? (Eventing)  (Read 1175 times)

I took a look on the eventing tutorial listed on the large list of tutorials, but quite a few fonts on the list did not seem to work anymore, such as LCD. When I put in the fonts, I would get no text at all. Does anybody have an updated list of the current supported words?

Link to eventing tutorial

Only fonts that are installed on the viewer's system will be visible. If they do not have that font then it just defaults to something else.

If you want to know what fonts are very likely to work, take a look at some web-safe fonts. These are fonts that are practically accepted to be available on virtually every computer system, and therefore 'safe' to use on web pages. Obviously not Blockland specific, but good as a guide for choosing fonts that people are likely to be able to see.

also just for reference, blocklands default chat font is palatino linotype

Only fonts that are installed on the viewer's system will be visible. If they do not have that font then it just defaults to something else.

You can actually add custom fonts on the server side, and have clients see them.

Basically you need to install the font on your computer, then run a local (!) server and use the font once with every size you want to support. Blockland will generate .gft files in ui/cache, if you add them to file manifest everyone will be able to see the font after spawning.