Trog's Starwars Weapon Pack Discussion & Help

Author Topic: Trog's Starwars Weapon Pack Discussion & Help  (Read 4569 times)

so i came up with this idea that could revolutionize the way we make Add-ons

basically now that port made the dsq exporter, can we create custom dsq animations for players? like if I made a dsq of the player moving it's hand in front of their self and I put it inside the add-on, could I have it play a thread that's mounted with the add-on?

that sounds pretty rad actually

yeah i would love to be the first person to pull this off cause then i'd somehow be a pioneer for this type of addon making : )

one thing i noticed about the old sabers was that even though they looked really cool. they seemed lifeless.

this is just a concept i made with blenders mesh animating which doesn't support blockland at all.

it looks amazing!

can blockland actually use this though?

basically now that port made the dsq exporter, can we create custom dsq animations for players? like if I made a dsq of the player moving it's hand in front of their self and I put it inside the add-on, could I have it play a thread that's mounted with the add-on?
i suppose there's only one way to find out, but how difficult would doing that be?

it looks amazing!

can blockland actually use this though?
yes it can, im actually working on one for in-game

i suppose there's only one way to find out, but how difficult would doing that be?
i mean how would i navigate it to play that thread

its not like i can simply playthread(2,threadhere);
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:05:53 PM by Trogtor »

yes it can, im actually working on one for in-game

i mean how would i navigate it to play that thread

even though blockland dosnt support mesh animation, it does support bone animation, Use that. Amazing work!

Holy stuff these weapons are just beautiful.

Trog, i could look over the scripts on these if you are having trouble getting them working ingame

Yeah you can, that's how player animations work. For example, the hammer calls playThread to start the swing animation and stopThread to end it.

Yeah you can, that's how player animations work. For example, the hammer calls playThread to start the swing animation and stopThread to end it.
im saying i can't just put a dsq inside a zip and expect it ready to use.

unless you're saying that's what I can do cause aren't you supposed to make a datablock with dsq files

You can have animations within the DTS and then call on them through the state system. You can then just use the playthread to swing it about.

need to bump this but also need some input

i really really want this pack to have some sort of unique
melee style whether it's just animations or actual combat wise. basically I just don't want it to be your regular swing-a-sword that blockland does. and I especially don't want to go in the direction of the melee combat weapon pack (which IMO isnt that good)

basically I'd like to hear your ideas and I'll try to model more as soon as I can but not this week

melee attacks always cause you to dash forward + instead of melee attacks being strictly projectile / raycast based physically touching an enemy while swinging your sword downward causes them to take damage

but, while your sword is swinging upward, there's a brief window (like in the realm of 66 ms) where you deflect incoming melee attacks causing the enemy to bounce off of you and deal no damage. during this time you can attack them again

i thought of a neat idea that instead like you said your regular raycast or projectile shooting forward, it's a rapid fire projectile shooting upward to the length of the saber and cuts off. basically you can touch your saber against someone and they take damage. not sure if that would
work though