Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2229906 times)

Yeah pretty clear here that you've never gone hunting or fired a gun in your life.
A lack of first-hand experience hasn't stopped you from stuffposting about a dozen different topics in your time here, so why should it make a difference for me?

forget dude, you've never been a US citizen, so why do you spend so much time opining about our politics?  :cookieMonster:

I'm calling you handicapped because no one in their right mind would take an AR-15 to a warzone.
it was an example, and a ludicrous one as well, which was pretty obvious. you chose the least reinforced part of my argument and decided to come at me over it aka arguing over semantics

Ironically autistic people are the ones who will always argue over semantics

Yeah pretty clear here that you've never gone hunting or fired a gun in your life.
if you can seriously tell us that a semi auto is more effective than a bolt action rifle when it comes to hunting game, I'll eat my hat on live television. Bonus points if you say I've never hunted before

Also semi auto hunting rifles are even more handicapped then rifle home defense. If you miss the first shot then all the animals run away instantly and are gone for the next 5 hours. Unless you plan on picking off the deer while they run away at like 50mph

tell me more about these magical gunshots that don't scare off animals when coming from any other gun

if you can seriously tell us that a semi auto is more effective than a bolt action rifle when it comes to hunting game, I'll eat my hat on live television

literally what are you even talking about? they are equivalent in terms of single shot and the semiauto has an advantage if you are trying to hit another target or finish off a wounded animal before it escapes

tell me more about these magical gunshots that don't scare off animals when coming from any other gun

literally what are you even talking about? they are equivalent in terms of single shot and the semiauto has an advantage if you are trying to hit another target or finish off a wounded animal before it escapes
finish off a wounded animal? LOL

As soon as the bullet enters the animals body it's out of there. If you were a gold champion skeet shooter I'd believe you but you're not. Are you?In the real world you track the animal and by the time you find it, it's already bled out in the grass. Nobody would ever waste another bullet in any scenario

If you're hunting incredibly large game like elephants or humpback whales then you'll use a semi auto. Otherwise bolt action hunting rifles cost half as much, weigh so much less and are equally as effective
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:12:02 PM by PhantOS »

I don't know if the efficacy of the weapon for hunting is really that relevant - if there was (hypothetically) strong evidence showing that banning AR-15s could actually prevent school shootings, then obviously you would want to do that. The efficacy of something for a recreational sport does not supersede the right for kids not to die in school.

Again, not saying a ban would work. I think there should be more legislative 'trial runs' to collect data on what regulations actually work.

As soon as the bullet enters the animals body it's out of there.

only if you actually hit the vitals badly enough to drop it where it is

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4198128/

AR-15s are useful for hunting in certain situations, because it can be disassembled on the spot, put in a backpack, and reassembled later. Some rabbits in North Arizona can reach 30mph in like 2 seconds, and completely change direction even faster. I wouldn't rely on a bolt-action for that unless I was robocop. also coyote

I'm not saying loving over some hunters in North Arizona wouldn't be worth it if we could prevent ten billion deaths a year, but I don't think that's the case to begin with

Also semi auto hunting rifles are even more handicapped then rifle home defense. If you miss the first shot then all the animals run away instantly and are gone for the next 5 hours. Unless you plan on picking off the deer while they run away at like 50mph

Not always true. Most animals have no idea what the forget a gunshot is. Depending on the range you're shooting at you'll probably get away with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZh-Vg6zm9Y

Except the M4A1, the current standard rifle in the US army, is full auto.
not even 10 years ago, the m4 was still in active use. the m16, which is definitely in use today, is also semi/burst. you don't need automatic fire from your rifle in a warzone.

If you're hunting incredibly large game like elephants or humpback whales then you'll use a semi auto. Otherwise bolt action hunting rifles cost half as much, weigh so much less and are equally as effective

It's like the total opposite for me honestly. Elephants hunting uses huge loving rounds like .375 H&M Magnum which only comes in bolt-action because nobody wants to fire that stuff in semi. Small game and packs are perfect for semi-automatic fire because semi-automatic implies you're using (relatively) lower power ammunition anyway.

Not always true. Most animals have no idea what the forget a gunshot is. Depending on the range you're shooting at you'll probably get away with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZh-Vg6zm9Y
I've only hunted pretty close and in my experience all the rabbits ran away. I guess this works but if none of the other game run away, you pretty much have enough time to feed another round.

https://youtu.be/NPmXh7S19w0?t=395
For those warm summer nights where your family of 55 needs you to shoot 6-10 hogs per second before dinnertime.

It's like the total opposite for me honestly. Elephants hunting uses huge loving rounds like .375 H&M Magnum which only comes in bolt-action because nobody wants to fire that stuff in semi. Small game and packs are perfect for semi-automatic fire because semi-automatic implies you're using (relatively) lower power ammunition anyway.
what's your idea of low power? I'd assume carbine. I never imagined anyone using a 556/223 semi auto rifle for hunting. That just seems unnecessarily expensive