Author Topic: Server lockdown  (Read 4174 times)

Tags: Server shutdown, shutdown, shutdown server, lockdown, lock down, server lockdown

I decided to just write a new shutdown add-on.
Only the host can toggle this, if you trust your super admins you can do /HostShutdown to disable host only shutdown.
/SetShutdownPass password here (Required before you can do a shutdown)
Example: /SetShutdownPass I Am The Ghost

/Shutdown time (0 or lower to cancel) reason here (if blank it'll tell everyone the server is shutdown)
Example: /Shutdown 60 Billy boy ate a ghost

/CancelShutdown - Stops the shutdown

Warns everyone when near 30 seconds, 15 seconds or 10 seconds.
During 5 seconds of shutting down everything is in caps and it also centerprints.

When done, everyone but the admins will get kicked, and the admins will be told what the password is after everyone gets kicked.
Server will autolock itself with the case-sensitive password set and post to the master server. Server will not do a shutdown if there is no password.

Download (Dropbox): Script_Shutdown
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 04:46:38 PM by Kyuande »

an interesting add-on, will use

These commands are super admin only. If you don't like people shutting down your server, you shouldn't be adding super admins then.
"i wrote a super quick script and couldn't take 2 extra minutes to add toggles for preferences so forget you just change the way you administrate your server if you want to use it"

This seems more like just locking off the server from the public than actually terminating the server.

More like Server_Lockdown

"i wrote a super quick script and couldn't take 2 extra minutes to add toggles for preferences so forget you just change the way you administrate your server if you want to use it"
Calm down Mr. I want to spam connect servers with 6 keys, also, you should trust your super admins to not do the command, so I don't see a problem.

I'll add a pref then, either way super admins can modify prefs when using rtb/orbs/whatever so they can easily get around it unless I make a /HostShutdown
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:48:00 PM by Kyuande »

This seems more like just locking off the server from the public than actually terminating the server.
the default shutdown(); console command autokicks everyone off the server (except the host if its locally hosted) but doesn't actually shutdown the server. this simplifies the short process of adding a password after running said function, and also leaves admins on server + tells them pass, which is convenient for those who use the command a lot.

the default shutdown(); console command autokicks everyone off the server (except the host if its locally hosted) but doesn't actually shutdown the server. this simplifies the short process of adding a password after running said function, and also leaves admins on server + tells them pass, which is convenient for those who use the command a lot.
how come these commands aren't documented somewhere

Updated. /HostShutdown toggles the host only shutdown, it's on by default.

how come these commands aren't documented somewhere
they are, kinda. you'd have to figure out what the majority of these commands do on your own though; luckily plenty of these are obvious
http://bldocs.nullable.se/html/namespace_server_1_1_global.html
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:55:55 PM by QuadStorm »

...why? Kicking players if you don't have to shut down the server seems completely counter productive to me.

or
you could just shutdown your server by clicking disconnect or quit

...why? Kicking players if you don't have to shut down the server seems completely counter productive to me.

I'm guessing it's supposed to be used in those situations where you're going from hosting server mode to private build mode and are too lazy to get rid of players 1 by 1.

or
you could just shutdown your server by clicking disconnect or quit
its more a lockdown, it doesn't stop the server but instead closes it, presumably for things like maintenance