Author Topic: Long-Reach Lights  (Read 2335 times)

an annoyance i had with lights and light add-ons is that, while there are some that are brighter, there aren't many that can provide decent lighting with long reach

so here ya go!
note: developed for the Po100T

reaching bright, filling a 128x128 expanse

reaching white, in a 64x room

the same room being lit by a default bright light

comes in red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple, white, slightly dimmer white, (listed as grey) tan, and bright.

DOWNLOAD
("Light_Reaching", mediafire, http://www.mediafire.com/download/qmksd7ydls26d33/Light_Reaching.zip)

place it in your Add-Ons folder.

hot

no really the bulbs are hot dont touch them
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 09:04:54 PM by Lego lad »

I've always needed this! Thank you!

first the bots and now this
you're on a hot streak

first the bots and now this
you're on a hot streak

Code: [Select]
radius = 40;yeah this stuff's revolutionary

Don't be a sour sally.

yeah it turns out that light making is surprisingly... not that tricky

but hey, i didn't see a pack like this, so i released it

more revolutionary than the thousands of cars that get released

more revolutionary than the thousands of cars that get released
I learned that if you want to see something in game, your best bet is to make it yourself.
I like cars, so I make them. If you don't like them, you don't have to download them. You can make whatever you want.

I found it goofy that entering a larger radius could be considered part of a hot streak. It's something you could do with 10 minutes and bare minimum knowledge of how add-ons work. I'm not saying I don't appreciate it; people need this, and maybe didn't know that shaders makes it so that radius actually matters now. But from my perspective it was as ridiculous sounding as "wow, that guy isn't just a great engineer, he can butter toast too? hot damn"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 01:45:36 PM by Teneksi »

I learned that if you want to see something in game, your best bet is to make it yourself.
I like cars, so I make them. If you don't like them, you don't have to download them. You can make whatever you want.

I found it goofy that entering a larger radius could be considered part of a hot streak. It's something you could do with 10 minutes and bare minimum knowledge of how add-ons work. I'm not saying I don't appreciate it; people need this, and maybe didn't know that shaders makes it so that radius actually matters now. But from my perspective it was as ridiculous sounding as "wow, that guy isn't just a great engineer, he can butter toast too? hot damn"
whether it was simple to make or not isn't really the point, it's useful and it wasn't created before now, the same with the bots he made
that's why i said "hot streak", two good add-ons that can be used in a variety of ways

also i did not know you made cars that wasn't supposed to be a jab at you

it's pretty amazing how much you can create with just a minimum amount of add-on knowledge

a lot of things are just changing values

and a lot of other things bend your mind backwards

whether it was simple to make or not isn't really the point, it's useful and it wasn't created before now, the same with the bots he made
that's why i said "hot streak", two good add-ons that can be used in a variety of ways

also i did not know you made cars that wasn't supposed to be a jab at you
Yeah, I must remember that even simple add-ons can be appreciated. Part of it was perhaps jealousy, because the lights I made years ago have a slightly larger radius, which I noticed actually mattered under shaders. I wanted to make a pack that actually used this, but never did. A little frustrated in general lately.

I was trying to be funny and ended up being unnecessarily hostile.