Author Topic: Modified Quake Weapons ok?  (Read 809 times)

I modified a bunch of the Quake Weps Pack guns to have a much slower muzzlevelocity for a recent build, and was wondering if there was some way to separate the files from the pack to make each individual modified weapon as its own add-on. I'd like to know how to do that, but if I wanted to make a game-mode with these modified weapons, would that be like...copyright or something? I just have to give credit to the original creator right?

Basically you can do whatever you want with any add-on, since In principle all add-ons are owned By Badspot
But you'll loose your reputation if you don't ask the original creators

I'm 99% that no one dumb enough to take the effort to copyright their addon would have the capability to create one.

lol ok. How would I go about separating one of the weapons in the pack to its own individual add-on? I'd like to have a slow-projectile spam rifle and a regular one accessible at the same time, but I don't know how to do it.

Something about increasing the millisecond delay between shot fires, I don't know the exact property for it.

slow projectile =/= image state timeout lower

you'll need to rename the datablocks if you want both on the same server at once. its tediouss work but can be helped by using find and replace.

since In principle all add-ons are owned By Badspot

No, all add-ons are owned by their creators.

However I've never seen someone care about licenses here. Everyone's usually happy as long as you don't copy-paste an add-on and claim it to be yours.

you'll need to rename the datablocks if you want both on the same server at once. its tediouss work but can be helped by using find and replace.
oh forget I thought he meant slow-shooting not slow projectiles

just give credit where it is due if you are releasing something, if you are just modifying the weapons for your server it doesn't matter

Thanks man!