Author Topic: Iphones City RPG - Badmins and poorly run, Specifically Cciamlazy and Cavik  (Read 17200 times)

but i wouldn't ban anyone who says that stuff about me on my server
noedit: or on the forums

to be honest i don't really care if i'm banned or not, i'm just wondering what makes you think that i'm "unreasonably hostile"

i insulted your administration like 6 months ago because i believed that a blhack user, known moron and user of client_troll (aka metario) was an administrator on there. if you have a problem with me saying that then wow
the other things that i have said about the administration are 2 years ago, which i doubt are even worth considering for any ban
this is the other thing that i have said about you recently, and yes it is an insult, but i wouldn't ban anyone who says that stuff about me on my server, and i definitely wouldn't classify it as "unreasonably hostile"

as i said at the top i don't care about being banned so don't bother unbanning me, i just want to know why you think i'm some sort of satanic being and a plague on your servers

Well, you have a habit for being rude sometimes, you know, insulting his whole administration staff for one problem admin.  For instance, on the DESPAIR SYNDROME server, you told me that I didn't know what I was talking about when I pointed out that C++ is simply a modern variation of C with a larger library and higher editability, but you said that it was useless because it requires pages and pages of code.  So, Let's go into a bit of education.  I agree that there are a few reasons to prefer C, the main point being that it tends to be more difficult to produce truly tiny executables with C++. For really small systems, you'll only write a ton of code once in a blue blockhead because the extra ROM space that would be needed for C++ rather than C can be significant and sometimes costly for mass production.

I must assert the divide, however.  For truly miniscule and compact systems, C has problems for exactly the same reason, and assembly language is nearly the only reasonable choice. The range of system sizes within which C really makes sense is quite small, and shrinking constantly (though I'll admit, fairly slowly).

Although another time/reason to use C is to provide a set of functions that you can bind to from essentially any other language, you can also write these functions in C++ by defining them as extern "C" functions, but doing so restricts those functions to presenting an essentially C-life "face" to the world -- classes, overloaded functions, templates, and member functions, etc., need not apply. This doesn't necessarily restrict development to C though -- it's perfectly reasonable to use any and all manner of C++ features internally, as long as the external interface looks like C.

At the same time, for larger systems like the ones we're using, reasonably written C++ will generally be at least as fast as C, and often at least a little faster. Readability is generally much better, if only because you don't get buried in an avalanche of all the code for even the most trivial algorithms and data structures, all the error handling, etc.

Something interesting to add is that templates don't fix a problem with the language's type system, they simply add a number of fundamental capabilities almost completely absent from C and/or C++ without templates. One of the original intents was to provide for type-safe containers, but in reality they go far beyond that -- essentially none of which C provides at all.

Automated tools are mostly a red herring as well -- while it's true that writing a C parser is less work than writing a C++ parser, the reality is that it makes virtually no difference in the end. Very few people are willing or able to write a usable parser for either one. As such, the reasonable starting point is Clang either way.

As it happens, C and C++ are fairly frequently used together on the same projects, maintained by the same people. This allows something that's otherwise quite rare: a study that directly, objectively compares the maintainability of code written in the two languages by people who are equally competent overall (i.e., the exact same people). At least in the study, one conclusion was clear and unambiguous: "We found that using C++ instead of C results in improved software quality and reduced maintenance effort..."

Link to the PDF: http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~neamtiu/pubs/icse11bhattacharya.pdf

Here are located some of the in-code differences as well:

http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c-vs-c++.html

I believe you voiced your opinion about C++ because you didn't particularly know how to use it correctly, so you defended the stance that C and C++ are both completely different when C and C++ should be used together.  So if you're going to maneuver around something as basic and as trivial as that (on top of subtly rallying up the confidence of the other aspiring programmers to your opinion because you happen to be an admin/sadmin there) instead of just saying that you prefer C because of initial simplicity, then I doubt your actual criticizm was as gentle as either you or Tenuzi would like to put it in order to save face, and I think he's correct in saying that you've been critical many times instead of the few that you claim to have made.

You should have approached the situation differently altogether instead of using one problem user as an excuse to insult his entire staff, which is what we gain from what you said  -- water erodes iron constantly, just like your reputation erodes the line between safety and banishment.  It should come of no suprise that, when you apllied that gentle tap of a remark, (including other things we don't know) that iron bridge came crashing down, sending you to the forums to stir up more controversialism against him.  I think he already had enough to deal with back in 2009.

-snip-

I've probably read that like 7 times and I have no idea what you're saying. It doesn't look like its on topic though.

i just want to know why you think i'm some sort of satanic being and a plague on your servers

What lol

I've probably read that like 7 times and I have no idea what you're saying. It doesn't look like its on topic though.

It's on topic.  The whole middle bit is for him, just pay attention to the first paragraph and last two and you'll understand.

Cavik is a notoriously stuff admin and I don't understand how he still gets administrative positions. I wouldn't put Cavik in charge of flipping burgers.

It's on topic.  The whole middle bit is for him, just pay attention to the first paragraph and last two and you'll understand.

...But this is about Iphone's badmins?

...But this is about Iphone's badmins?

It was.  Then it turned into Gty and Tezuni catfighting:

apparently being "unreasonably hostile" is calling an administration stuff like 2 times
thanks tezuni

I mean what'd you expect to happen? Seems quite stupid to insult a person/server (not even criticism, mind you clownfish.) and not expect anything to happen. If the administration is really so bad, sounds like you wanted to be banned. Anyways if you'd bothered to look, I unbanned you before my first post in this topic. Next time, I won't waste my time.

to be honest i don't really care if i'm banned or not, i'm just wondering what makes you think that i'm "unreasonably hostile"

i insulted your administration like 6 months ago because i believed that a blhack user, known moron and user of client_troll (aka metario) was an administrator on there. if you have a problem with me saying that then wow
the other things that i have said about the administration are 2 years ago, which i doubt are even worth considering for any ban
this is the other thing that i have said about you recently, and yes it is an insult, but i wouldn't ban anyone who says that stuff about me on my server, and i definitely wouldn't classify it as "unreasonably hostile"

as i said at the top i don't care about being banned so don't bother unbanning me, i just want to know why you think i'm some sort of satanic being and a plague on your servers

Metario was never an admin, and was actually permanently banned by a super admin for hacking a while ago.

I don't think you're a "satanic being" and in fact previously thought you were a cool headed, smart person. I've got zero tolerance for people that repeat baseless anti-tezuni bullstuff or hate on the server. Frankly, I don't deserve any of that stuff and I will blacklist anyone who thinks they're entitled to be a stuffhead because X person is/was/never-was staff or because they've had a bad day and are blowing off steam. I don't have the patience to deal with people like that. And they don't deserve the time of day.

the main problem with tezuni's staff is that he doesn't hang around enough to know how bad most of his mods and some of his admins are.

he needs an SA who is active in the community and knows everyone that can help manage his server because as of now, the lower staff consists of a bunch of handicap kids who kiss up to the admins to get mod.

he needs an SA who is active in the community and knows everyone that can help manage his server

*cough* Akio *cough*

Metario was never an admin, and was actually permanently banned by a super admin for hacking a while ago.

I don't think you're a "satanic being" and in fact previously thought you were a cool headed, smart person. I've got zero tolerance for people that repeat baseless anti-tezuni bullstuff or hate on the server. Frankly, I don't deserve any of that stuff and I will blacklist anyone who thinks they're entitled to be a stuffhead because X person is/was/never-was staff or because they've had a bad day and are blowing off steam. I don't have the patience to deal with people like that. And they don't deserve the time of day.
thanks this is the explanation i needed

The natural city RPG process

• start game and figure out that the /help list jobs command is broken
  • start whacking material and sell it for meager money
  • realize that the effort to money ratio is good enough considering you don't get any drawbacks for owning land while being a laborer
  • get bored of chopping trees and decide to do novelty jobs because cops and robbers is about as fun as eating glass
  • sell clothes or something stupid because the admins are too loving dumb to make the server fun
  • work hard for money like some kind of handicap
  • village idiot #6 decides to spend his meaningless existence terrorizing you since he's a criminal because the only thing that validates village idiot #6's existence is being a mild inconvenience to everyone around him
  • get bored of getting killed because somebody is bored so you decide to kill people who are just as bored as you
  • killing people and getting arrested means you can't have as much ""fun"" as you previously would have with an unclean record
  • so you opt to do law enforcement because griefing griefers is more fun than selling clothes
  • about 3/5ths of the people you attempt to jail kill themselves, but your income is larger than previously so you don't quit immediately
  • at this point you have probably wined to the admin(s) about something and got ignored, so you've gone from being a hopeful cityrpg scoundrel to a disillusioned lifeless husk that beats people with a yellow hammer when they try to have fun
  • arrest somebody who was fifteen miles from the place where you pay demerits off, he cries to an admin about how he tried to pay dems and you arrested him
  • while trying to tell the admin what happens you have a sudden aneurysm and die
  • while you're dead irl you get looted twice and then run over
  • your efforts are rewarded posthumously by the city rpg gamemode being hosted fifteen thousand more times