We suck at D&D

Author Topic: We suck at D&D  (Read 1730 times)

My friends and I started a D&D session. Long story short, I got in an arm wrestling match, lost, and may have bet some oxen that we didn't actually own. While we were arguing the dude decided that it wasn't worth his time and left, but upon seeing the oxen, took them anyway.

So the dude who owned them now wants 500 some gold for them. We ain't got that kind of money (well we do, but barely. And it took 5 gaming sessions to get that.) If he doesn't get the money in a week, he's putting a bounty on us. In a failed attempt to intimidate him at night (to get him off our backs) our agent we sent in to do so, forgot what the goal was and instead thought we were intimidating valuables out of him- to pay off the debt that we owe- to the same guy that we are currently intimidating. He finds that the owner is not where we thought he was, and decides to just rob everything from the store instead.

He isn't caught, but this dude wakes up, comes to work and finds that he is robbed. So I guess he put two and two together and the next thing we know, there's a flag put out- calling for a rank three bounty hunter. The three of us are level three, so I have no idea if we're up to that kinda challenge. We left town just as the owner began talking details with the bounty hunter guild representative.

We tried bargaining with this owner, we tried getting rid of the flag before the rep arrived, we considered killing the owner so he wouldn't give us a bounty (that didn't go over well), and now we're leaving to find a banshee who can hopefully revive our friend. The owner can no longer be persuaded as he's basically now talked over the details with this rep dude. I am running out of ideas guys.

Now, without spoiling how tough a rank three bounty hunter is or any info like that which I wouldn't already know, I need advice. WHAT DO WE DO

you would have taken 5 damage to the brain but you can't have negative brain cells

Couldn't be as bad as my busty dwarf who always grows a little bit in her breast size every time she levels, because I picked the feat "Tough" for her.

I've never played D&D before, but it always looked interesting to me.

How do I get into D&D when nobody I know plays D&D?

read the books of truth

recruit kobolds

kobolds are amazing

recruit kobolds

kobolds are amazing
this, that pack combat racial bonus can be absolutely devastating, so make sure to have at least 4 melee units.

What is d&d? Google's top results were a bunch of companies.

dungeons and dragons
it always just makes me think of that one dexter's lab episode

Either buy/look up a basic/players handbook, print off some character sheets and stuff, fill them out, get one person to learn/look up how to be a DM, find a campaign either online or as a book, and get some people who are interested, and then goo

Also I don't think we've encountered any kobolds yet. We're in fandolin area. So prooobably not an option :I

I'm planning on starting a beginners campaign here. Just tell me if you are interested.

what the forget

what the forget

I got an engineering firm, a wholesaler, and a convenience store that sells alcohol.