Author Topic: Export to .dts with most 3D packages  (Read 2621 times)

I made a video showing how you can use the dae2dts tool to export to Blockland from most 3D modeling packages.
Link to dae2dts tool.

Issues:

Maya:
-None yet

Max:
-None yet

Blender:
-None yet

Wings:
-No smoothing groups support
-No joints/animation

Sketchup:
-No smoothing groups support
-No joints/animation
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:28:35 PM by Punchbuggy »

so do dsq/embedded animations work with the new blender?

it would be amazing if i didnt have to rely on old blender for it

It will work with anything that can export to .dae while supporting animation, which is pretty much everything.

I must try this out when I get home :OOOOO

Wait can it import or no
No.

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=281071.0
I'm pretty sure this is the only thing made with any capability to import dts files.

Alright, I'll still try out how good it is at exporting though

Pretty neat, but i'll probaby stick to using the new blender exporter and milkshape as an alternative

Key frames and flat/selective shading/joints do not work in Sketchup, which renders this useless for most sketch up users

Key frames and flat/selective shading/joints do not work in Sketchup, which renders this useless for most sketch up users
I think this was mainly for using the new blender

I think this was mainly for using the new blender
Well for some reason wings3d and Sketchup are shown on the list of programs on that image. I don't think either of them utilize torque-comparable flatshading

Updated main post to reflect known issues.

So I tried working with a new model only to be met with errors galore with object meshes having no matching details. Any idea of what I need to do?

Going to need more to go on, what program are you using, what specifically are the errors, etc...

C:\Users\Name\Desktop\Dae2DTS>cd .\dae2dts
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\Name\Desktop\Dae2DTS>dae2dts.exe --compat C:\Users\Name\Desktop\Dae2DTS\Secret.dae
Object mesh "Sweep" has no matching detail ("detail2" has been added automatically)
Assertion failed: index < _count, file c:\CVS\Torque 3D 1.1 Beta 2\Engine\lib\collada\include\dae/daeArray.h, line 356

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
The Program I use is Cinema4D. Didn't have this issue on the previous model I posted in the 3D Modelling topic.