Author Topic: VCE probability  (Read 1306 times)

Is there a way to change the probability of random events in VCE? Would duplicating events make a difference?

For example, if you wanted there to be a 2 in 3 chance of Gun A spawning, would you make it so that Gun A has 2 events for it to randomly spawn, and Gun B has 1, or would the amount of events make no difference in the probability?

Here is an image. Obviously, this would work in a real probability situation (there are two of Gun A and one of Gun B and you get one at random). However, I'm not sure if VCE does this or if it might do something else when an event is repeated like that. I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but I want to make sure actual probability is being put into play, such as when people open 100 crates for CS:GO and they keep getting the same terrible skins.

Well what do you think happens? You have a random variable that's either 1, 2 or 3 and you give them a gun in 2/3 of the cases.

Well what do you think happens? You have a random variable that's either 1, 2 or 3 and you give them a gun in 2/3 of the cases.

I know that is how probability works, I was just wondering if there are any problems with that or if that actually works the way it's supposed to. I know this sounds like a pointless question, but I've had problems with VCE before and I just wanted to know. I'll keep this open if someone has a reason to say otherwise, but I suppose I'll have to assume it works fine.

I know that is how probability works, I was just wondering if there are any problems with that or if that actually works the way it's supposed to. I know this sounds like a pointless question, but I've had problems with VCE before and I just wanted to know. I'll keep this open if someone has a reason to say otherwise, but I suppose I'll have to assume it works fine.
nope, should be fine as is

Although shouldn't it be ifValue instead of ifVariable?

I forget which is for which, but the way it is in the events worked fine.

for brick variables using input>self>ifvariable works
and it may make more sense to do something along the lines of
if variable <= 1
 give gun A
else if variable <= 2
 give gun B
else if variable <= 5
 give them a duck
else
 spawn a zombie

that way it's easier to expand on it and is a bit more compact

for brick variables using input>self>ifvariable works
and it may make more sense to do something along the lines of
if variable <= 1
 give gun A
else if variable <= 2
 give gun B
else if variable <= 5
 give them a duck
else
 spawn a zombie

that way it's easier to expand on it and is a bit more compact
Ah, I've always been kinda confused on where to use ifVariable and where to use ifValue