Author Topic: Going to take my learner permit test  (Read 1233 times)

For NY state, anyone have any tips? I've looked through the book and I pretty much know simple stuff like road lines and road signs by heart. I think you can take it an unlimited amount times without paying again, but I'd like to do it the first time if I can.

Stay calm bro.
I take mine tomorrow (KY) was suppose to take it Monday but stuff happened

Don't crash into people

I was just reading the manual that they sent me rn. Gunna have to take a quiz on it soon I think

I live in NY too but I think i'm a bit too far behind on the testing process than you are. Maybe you can give me some tips?

if you don't know the answer to a question, make sure to pick the most logical answer present

also the only thing that stumped me on my test was the numbers n stuff. like the stuff where you need to know the exact legal alchohol limit and how many feet you should stop before a stop sign and that crap. so i suggest memorizing any number you see in the booklet they gave you

also google up some practice tests, i took a few and it'll help you get a feel for what the real test is like
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:42:01 AM by Gytyyhgfffff »

I was just reading the manual that they sent me rn. Gunna have to take a quiz on it soon I think

I live in NY too but I think i'm a bit too far behind on the testing process than you are. Maybe you can give me some tips?
They send you manuals? They make you get your own here, that or you can look all over the internet and hope you find one because the DMV seems to forget how to update their own website with the correct manual.

They send you manuals? They make you get your own here, that or you can look all over the internet and hope you find one because the DMV seems to forget how to update their own website with the correct manual.
Nah they send us a full booklet on all the sign meanings and markers on the road, and then they test you on it. If you pass they smack you with that permit

The entire thing is just common sense, I didn't study at all and only got 2 wrong.

Like everyone said, it's common sense. People and emergency vehicles always have the right of way, dotted lines mean you can pass, solid you can't. Sometimes things might get a bit more specific, at least in the little practice tests I've seen. I seem to never be able to pass them because of weird questions. All I can say is that driving and an experienced driver with you is the best experience, and you don't have to be driving for you to gain it.

if you don't know the answer to a question, make sure to pick the most logical answer present

also the only thing that stumped me on my test was the numbers n stuff. like the stuff where you need to know the exact legal alchohol limit and how many feet you should stop before a stop sign and that crap. so i suggest memorizing any number you see in the booklet they gave you

also google up some practice tests, i took a few and it'll help you get a feel for what the real test is like

I'll be sure to look those up, thanks for that.

Nah they send us a full booklet on all the sign meanings and markers on the road, and then they test you on it. If you pass they smack you with that permit

I downloaded a pdf of the manual, I'm not sure if it's only for NYS or nationwide.

I remember getting my NY permit like 10 years ago. Can't imagine it's much different. Know right of way rules, don't stop in the damn train tracks, etc. Is it still a 20 question multiple choice?

I guarantee that if you don't study at all you can get like a 20-22

Like everyone said, it's common sense. People and emergency vehicles always have the right of way, dotted lines mean you can pass, solid you can't. Sometimes things might get a bit more specific, at least in the little practice tests I've seen. I seem to never be able to pass them because of weird questions. All I can say is that driving and an experienced driver with you is the best experience, and you don't have to be driving for you to gain it.

I'll be sure to look those up, thanks for that.

I downloaded a pdf of the manual, I'm not sure if it's only for NYS or nationwide.
Every state has its own

it's surprising to me how many forumers that are older than me don't have a permit

it's surprising to me how many forumers that are older than me don't have a permit
I got my drivers license about a year ago, lol i remember my learners permit test