Author Topic: Tool_Namewand Crash  (Read 1052 times)

Having trouble with the namewand. My server crashes while loading add-ons when this is enabled.

If I enable all of my normal add-ons, with the namewand and the new duplicator, disabling the duplicator seems to allow me to spawn.

However, loading only default add-ons, the new duplicator, and namewand works fine.

I have attached a console.log of after my server crashed while trying to start up.

What happens if you disable one of the two add-ons and enable a few others instead?

What happens if you disable one of the two add-ons and enable a few others instead?

I forgot to mention that I was able to get my server running with all of my normal add-ons enabled, including the namewand and new duplicator. I disabled all of my Server_ add-ons, however.

I just started a server with default add-ons, the namewand, new duplicator, and all of my server mods, and I was able to spawn, so I'll have to keep trying combinations until I crash again.

I'm finding it extremely difficult to find out what is crashing this. I'll enable add-ons up to the point where I crash, then I'll disable everything except default, the duplicator, and the namewand, and what I just enabled. At this point, I have like 10 add-ons constantly being enabled that were the last thing I enabled before I crashed.

I'll enable add-ons up to the point where I crash, then I'll disable everything except default, the duplicator, and the namewand, and what I just enabled.

Meant to add in that everytime I do this, the server will start up without crashing.

Move rtb out of your add-ons folder and see if it fixes it

Move rtb out of your add-ons folder and see if it fixes it

Ok...that seemed to fix it. No matter what, launching my server with my normal add-ons list and the name wand would crash it every single time, so I know it's working now.

...but now I have no RtB. :-(

I assume you installed the name wand recently?

It's most likely the usual problem with rtb, you have too many add-ons in total and it causes memory corruption.

I assume you installed the name wand recently?

It's most likely the usual problem with rtb, you have too many add-ons in total and it causes memory corruption.

It was the latest add-on, yeah. I'm not going anywhere near the datablock limit, so RTB just can't handle so many? I have the version without the mod manager/irc.