Author Topic: Server connection keeps timing out after Slayer round ends on Kong's Deathrace  (Read 2045 times)

For some reason on Kong123's Deathrace, I keep timing out after the round ends. Almost every single time. Not sure if it's Slayer or the server itself, but I do have a console.log attached.

First of all, Kong needs to update his copy of Slayer. That thing is old.

Does Kong have a map rotation set up? If done incorrectly that can cause people to time out.

First of all, Kong needs to update his copy of Slayer. That thing is old.

Does Kong have a map rotation set up? If done incorrectly that can cause people to time out.

His server lags for half a minute every time the minigame is reset.

That was an issue in really old versions of Slayer. Tell him to update it.

The version I have is 3.9.2. Which is not very old. I would update to v4 but there are so many issues with it.

The version I have is 3.9.2. Which is not very old. I would update to v4 but there are so many issues with it.

Seriously, what issues are there with it? I've fixed all of the major reported bugs.

Seriously, what issues are there with it? I've fixed all of the major reported bugs.
I mean, maybe the deathrace game mode just doesn't work well with it? Idk. But v3.9.2 works perfectly fine with deathrace. And does v3.9.2 have the lag issue or no? If it does I will change it.

I'm not sure what's causing the lag, but I don't support Slayer 3 anymore so I can't help you.

check for a memory leak maybe with tree? or run a trace on minigane reset, kong

Minigame should have 0 lag if you disable more vehicles, we've discussed this before. For some reason the vehicles package ShapeBase::setNodeColor, and lags the server when lots of vehicles are there, I don't know why they have to be packaged but it was the only main thing in the trace when the minigame resets.

check for a memory leak maybe with tree? or run a trace on minigane reset, kong
There's no memory leak since me and him were on the same VPS. Although it seems certain add-ons are causing Slayer to be slower, and also eating up more of the RAM.

Minigame should have 0 lag if you disable more vehicles, we've discussed this before. For some reason the vehicles package ShapeBase::setNodeColor, and lags the server when lots of vehicles are there, I don't know why they have to be packaged but it was the only main thing in the trace when the minigame resets.
there's a schedule that sets the vehicle color to the team of the player in the vehicle and alternates the color if more than one person on different teams are in the vehicle

Yes, I wrote that; but it never comes into the trace when the minigame resets, I doubt it's the problem since we've also disabled the deathrace mod.

I disabled every single vehicle on the server besides the ones we use in the actual game and we're still getting the same amount of lag as we were before.

I disabled every single vehicle on the server besides the ones we use in the actual game and we're still getting the same amount of lag as we were before.
Here's a tip. Make an event. When the game starts, any unoccupied car will be removed/destroyed.