Author Topic: Add-On/Gamemode suggestions  (Read 4836 times)

60 seconds gamemode. Look it up it's a great game.
I recently saw a video of Markiplier playing that, lol

Fix the autosaver to not set such an arbitratily low max interval, and actually use and save the prefs it has. this honestly should take no more than an hour to conplete and bugtest, probably even 30 minutes max

Maybe an add-on for hunger that supports items?

Bump, there is a chance I'll make something here.

Slideshow for the server loading screen, gamemodes with slideshow pictures in the gamemode folder will cycle through those pictures. If a gamemode has no slideshow pictures it will cycle through a players own screenshots.

Fix the autosaver to not set such an arbitratily low max interval, and actually use and save the prefs it has. this honestly should take no more than an hour to conplete and bugtest, probably even 30 minutes max
Pref saving is not my issue if you use RTB/oRBS, they are the ones that handle it, I can't really fix that, don't forget to also quit(); on your dedicated server or the prefs might not save, if it crashes, RTB/oRBS should've handled the pref saving

Maybe an add-on for hunger that supports items?
This could be easy but not that easy when you have to edit a lot of food add-ons to work with the mod - When I was in development with my CityRPG I was actually planning to do this, but it would have consumed a lot of time

Slideshow for the server loading screen
This sounds neat, but where should they be found?

gamemodes with slideshow pictures in the gamemode folder will cycle through those pictures. If a gamemode has no slideshow pictures it will cycle through a players own screenshots.
This could be a little challenging

This sounds neat, but where should they be found?
Screenshot folder
This could be a little challenging
Could a sort of "check system" work? (apologies in advance for my lack of coding knowledge) When you join a server first it checks if you have the gamemode, if you do not then it goes through pictures from your screenshot folder. But if you do have the gamemode it then checks if you have any pictures in that folder labeled Slideshow, if you don not then it cycles pictures from your screenshot folder. If you meet both requirements of having a gamemode and slideshow images for that gamemode, those are the pictures it cycles.

My idea.....
Contra

This gamemode will be like the 1987 nes game of the same name.

The plot in said game is and I quote from wikipedia page "In 2633, the evil Red Falcon Organization have set a base on the Galuga archipelago near New Zealand in a plot to conquer the world. Two commandos, Pfc. Bill Rizer and Pfc. Lance Bean of the Contra unit (an elite group of soldiers specializing in guerrilla warfare), are sent to the island to destroy the enemy forces and uncover the true nature of the alien entity controlling them."

In the gamemode you have one 1 hp only 3 lives. You will use the regular pistol at first, but you can upgrade to other  weapons such as machine gun, rocket launcher, ect.
The enemy (of course) Be bots. If you touch the bots, like in contra you will die and lose a life.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra_(video_game)

Factorio game mode anyone?

Factorio game mode anyone?
I've played the game, it's pretty nice, but it's fairly complicated to make here

Could you possibly make a weapon (using the same model as the printer but grey) which shoots a beam similar to the printer, but have the beam do damage to bots? Call it the 'Ghost Blaster'. I feel this request is simple enough.

If possible, I could also use an item that uses the same model as a 1x1 brick, except lime green. Call it 'Ecto-Cooler'. When used, it makes a slurping sound, and that's it. If you are unable to make this, that is okay, the first part is the only one I really need.