Payload Game Mode

Author Topic: Payload Game Mode  (Read 2206 times)

I'm porting Destiny's old Payload game mode over to Slayer. (aka I'm using his models and rewriting the script)

Here's some pictures of the bombcarts in action: http://imgur.com/a/4DwVQ
(note: The carts in the last image are burnt because of the large explosion in the second-to-last image.)

Stand near the cart to move it towards the enemy base. I plan to allow for multiple carts to be required to win.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 02:22:00 PM by Greek2me »

What exactly do you do in this gamemode?

Looking good. Hopefully this will motivate some people to build a nice map for this

What exactly do you do in this gamemode?
Stay near the cart, the offenders follow the cart to the other side, the cart auto moves. The defenders have to stop the offenders from making the cart move to their end.

Sounds like it'll be extremely fun.
Can't wait for it to be finished.

Stay near the cart, the offenders follow the cart to the other side, the cart auto moves. The defenders have to stop the offenders from making the cart move to their end.
Oh. Is it like that Black Ops gamemode? Can you disable the cart temporarily if you hurt it enough?

Oh. Is it like that Black Ops gamemode? Can you disable the cart temporarily if you hurt it enough?

You cannot damage the cart. The only way to stop it is to keep the other team away from it (presumably until time runs out, or your team manages to push your own cart to the enemy base - depends on how the minigame is set up).

Just saying that this is still a thing and it will be released eventually.

So hopefully there will be some other track and cart aesthetics, right?

Cause it would look weird to have huge vehicle spawn-looking bricks as tracks in a map that looks good.

So hopefully there will be some other track and cart aesthetics, right?

Cause it would look weird to have huge vehicle spawn-looking bricks as tracks in a map that looks good.
Build tracks and make them invisible?

optionally i can provide custom track bricks

Can you redo or edit the navigation such that the cart can move up and down ramps?
That was one thing that made the map I made unplayable.

Can you redo or edit the navigation such that the cart can move up and down ramps?
That is quite big thing in map making

I think it's more directly based off of the TF2 gamemode "Payload."