Author Topic: Ever been conscious while sleepwalking?  (Read 1029 times)

That's probably the best description of what was happening to me last night. As I've said before, I'm typically working around 50 hours a week and I think it's starting to turn my brain into slush. I kept waking up overnight after hearing the DING from the drive thru headset at my job at Hardee's, or from seeing a customer approaching me at my register at Walgreens.

For one instance, I was watching a show where these people were stealing 10,000lbs of silver, but I was only semi-conscious. What I was actually seeing was my view from my register at Walgreens and my shift leader was telling me to stock umbrellas, put away shopping carts, and bring her 10,000lbs of silver. Understandably, I was confused. When I woke up this morning, my computer was paused on the scene where the men were standing around all the silver, but I do not remember pausing it.

In my second example, I saw a customer approaching me at Walgreens. Suddenly, I jolted and was back in my dark room. Nevertheless, I started frantically looking around for a price scanner. I was fully aware of my surroundings and that I was in my room, but I somehow thought there was a price scanner in my room and that I needed to find it quickly. I was rummaging around in my bedsheets, got out of bed and moved my computer around, checked my desk, the floor, etc. Finally, I decided to let someone else take the customer because I saw it was 4:30am and we were supposed to be closed. I went back to sleep.

In my final example, I was ringing up merchandise at Walgreens and the total came out to $20.51. I sat up in my bed, once again aware of surroundings, and saw my cat sleeping at the end of the bed just sprawled out on his back. I felt bad disturbing him, and leaned in close and whispered "$20.51" to him. Somehow this all made sense to me in my semi-conscious and the fact that I can remember that is weird. My cat didn't even stir so I just sat there for a minute. I don't remember how I resolved it. I may have just given up and laid back down.

I remember dancing around my room whacking at spiders that weren't there with a bat if that seems similar

In my final example, I was ringing up merchandise at Walgreens and the total came out to $20.51. I sat up in my bed, once again aware of surroundings, and saw my cat sleeping at the end of the bed just sprawled out on his back. I felt bad disturbing him, and leaned in close and whispered "$20.51" to him. Somehow this all made sense to me in my semi-conscious and the fact that I can remember that is weird. My cat didn't even stir so I just sat there for a minute. I don't remember how I resolved it. I may have just given up and laid back down.
Funniest thing I've read so far.

But dude, you need to tell them to cut back on the hours that they're giving you if it's really putting that much stress on you.

my dad told me when I was 7, I got up one night and walked into his bathroom, used the toilet and went back to bed. i didn't remember any of it and he told me I was sleepstuffting

Over the summer I started having frequent dreams about normal life at McD, but nothing conscious like that except one time.

But dude, you need to tell them to cut back on the hours that they're giving you if it's really putting that much stress on you.
Thats not how it works lol XR needs money to live
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 01:25:19 PM by Taciturn »

when me and my single mother used to stay in an old apartment, i used to sleepwalk a lot, i was suuuper young, before any school i think. almost every day at the same time i would walk from my bedroom through the living room and into my mother's room and sleep in her big kingsize bed. i didnt question it until many years later.

when i was young, i used to sleepwalk all the time. it wasn't dangerous until i lit the stove whilst sleepwalking. good thing i woke up in time to tell my parents; the smoke was thick in the air.

i sleepwalked multiple times when i was young
i thought i was pissing in the toilet but in reality i was pissing in my toy box  :cookieMonster:
it happened three times

never understood or experienced sleepwalking
but apparently years ago my brotherr used to talk to himself in his sleep
we were at the age where we were both sleeping in a bunk-bed so it was scary for some reason (??)

I used to do this a lot. From what I was told I would get a snack, use the bathroom, etc, and then lay right back down.

When I was like 7 or 8 I woke up in the middle of the night halfway down the hall with my bedspread in my hands. I don't remember much beyond that I had an extremely strong notion that I really needed to put all my blankets in the shower.

if you were conscious while sleepwalking then it wouldn't be sleepwalking

if you were conscious while sleepwalking then it wouldn't be sleepwalking
what would it be then???? awakewalking???????

ive been unconscious whilst sleeping.

apparently once my dad caught me getting up out of my bed in the middle of the night then laying on the floor a foot away from me