Author Topic: XCOM Weaponset V1.9  (Read 12413 times)

you should add screen shake

I remember testing a couple of these on your server. Great job on the weapons Conan! Really loving the emitter/effects you did on these  :cookie:

you should add screen shake
I personally think it's good without screenshaking.
It's important to be able to actually aim lol

Any chance of a scatterlaser/plasma?

wouldnt scatter plasma just be a flamethrower

wouldnt scatter plasma just be a flamethrower
I thought it'd be more of a shotgun?

I thought it'd be more of a shotgun?
i was imagining it like a really big laser/plasma shot that dissapates really fast, or like a flashlight that could blind and damage enemies up close but doesnt work if you're too far

when i figure out the design i'll make it and tack it onto an update for this pack.

the issue i had with making a standard "shotgun" is that lasers are accurate. its like making a "shotgun sniper rifle" - sniper rifles don't work when they aren't pinpoint accurate. xcom got away with it using lens or something but that feels really gimmicky to me.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:10:08 PM by Conan »

why not a scatterthrowing lasma?

the issue i had with making a standard "shotgun" is that lasers are accurate. its like making a "shotgun sniper rifle" - sniper rifles don't work when they aren't pinpoint accurate. xcom got away with it using lens or something but that feels really gimmicky to me.
I mean, you can always make a new type of projectile that looks the same, but has a shorter lifespan.
I know that you can change the lifetime of projectiles pretty easily, because I have used this console command on many occasions.
Code: [Select]
Projectile.lifeTime = XXXX;

Thing is on blockland glass it says that this add-on contains  Malicious code is this add-on safe?

Thing is on blockland glass it says that this add-on contains  Malicious code is this add-on safe?
yes. it says this because its detecting schedule functions (to create loops that can be broken, e.g. the laser turret firing) and one eval function (used to set a variable to false after a delay), which I made sure to test for infinite loops and such. It is totally safe to download - there isn't any "delete all your blockland files" exploit in there.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 06:21:46 PM by Conan »

Update!

Version 1.9.0
+ Ammo (energy) is stored on an on-item basis - picking up an item will make you equip the amount of ammo left in the gun
+ Simplified ammo/energy indicator
+ Max player stored energy upped to 600 and added server preference to change the value
+ Changed power pack energy from 10, 50, and 100 to 50, 100, and 300
+ Laser weapons are now raycasting
+ Laser SMG renamed to Energy SMG
+ Laser Turret renamed to Energy Turret
+ Removed extra files

Thank god your still updating this, it's an amazing pack.

Will we get a laser shotgun at somepoint too?