Author Topic: What is this dude talking about? WORST WRITER EVER  (Read 1253 times)

https://fractalontology.wordpress.com/2015/04/20/obliquity/

I want to know what he is talking about but I can't make head or tails out of it. I was wondering if it's just me.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 04:57:17 PM by AndroFox »

alright everyone grab your thesaurus

I think
think
he's talking about artificial intelligence in a computer that can rewrite itself to fit both its own needs and the user's needs

Lol just some guy trying to sound smart by running words through a synomym finder. At least seems that way at first glance.

This is terrible writing.

I think
think
he's writing bullstuff.

The single worst thing I've ever read in my life. The author fails to understand that part of being a good writer is to simplify concepts down in order to bring information to more people, rather than locking off concepts to only people who speak pretentious.

This guy is a cunt.

I want someone, SOMEONE, to decipher this guy

I want someone, SOMEONE, to decipher this guy
I gave up when I realised he didn't have a point and he was just bouncing around the basic concept that programming is about programming.

I gave up when I realised he didn't have a point and he was just bouncing around the basic concept that programming is about programming.
you could understand him? I don't believe you

Now I know a large and verbose word can help with sentence structure so that you don't have to use multiple sentences to explain a single idea (or else you'd get a run-on sentence)..... But this is a ridiculous amount of vocabulary.

This is absolutely awful writing. Holy dang what was this guy thinking.

relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZCRxxb_rwY

I don't know why people think synonym means interchangeable

This boils down to the following: You're smart when you can explain anything so the other person understands you, not when you can explain something so the other person doesn't understand you.