Author Topic: Best Pokemon game to start with?  (Read 2720 times)

If you're playing Pokemon for the first time, which game would be the best to start from?

I personally believe the best would be Pokemon Crystal, because it fixes some issues Red and Blue had.

Pokemon Stadium 2

jk Pokemon Ruby IMO

Any will do really.
Crystal is probably better to start on if you're going to start on an old game.

But you could always try FireRed/LeafGreen, or the 3DS re-release of Red/Blue.
Or if you want to start with Gen 2, then HeartGold/SoulSilver aren't bad places to start either.

I personally would choose Emerald as a place to start, but actually, I may even favour just going with OR/AS.

Is it bad I've never played Pokemon?

Is it bad I've never played Pokemon?
No.
I recommend them though, as they're fun.

gen 3 or higher
gen 1 and 2 are buggy as hell and dont have as much cool stuff

pokemon heartgold and soulsilver.

it has the physical/special split
pokemon follow you
there are enough pokemon in the game to keep you occupied

the only thing that sucks is the experience yields.

the most recent i guess. since youre not a kid the older ones will feel dated

pokemon heartgold and soulsilver.

it has the physical/special split
pokemon follow you
there are enough pokemon in the game to keep you occupied

the only thing that sucks is the experience yields.
i'd support this

Pokemon Gold or Crystal ftw

i'd suggest diamond since it was the first pokemon game i've ever played.

imo emerald is the best one to start with

Gen 1 has a bunch of problems itself and wouldn't be the best starting place in my opinion even with how simple as it is. You're better off with the GBA remakes if you really want to go to the Kanto region.
Gen 2 is really good as it fixes a lot of the issues gen 1 had and adds in a bunch of cool stuff (not to mention the end game content). The Heartgold and Soulsliver remakes are really loving good and add onto what was already a great game, I would probably recommend that the most.

pokemon platinum was a mix of pokemon diamond and pearl for some reason and it has occupied me for several years. i feel like it has that nice count for pokemon even if there's a severe lack of fire types for some reason

the only bad thing about it is that there's a lot of locked off content unless you cheat to get it, because of the whole 'nintendo event' thing they had goin on