Author Topic: Event_BindAction  (Read 9169 times)

how about one for when the player sits?
Totally thought of doing that, but, I'd want it to call OnActionUp once the player is no longer sitting, but there is no way to tell if the player is no longer sitting, oddly enough.

Nice job.

how about one for when the player sits?
Not really a good detection to tell if someone is sitting, just only when calling /sit, I wish get could get the action thread since that's how sit works.

Alright, UseTool and UnUseTool added. Just be warned that it will keep calling them as people scroll through their tools.

you forgot to remove your debugging

Whoops. I was testing if I could detect when sit ends. Will fix.

Fixed.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:51:10 PM by Shift Kitty »

Added a built-in cooldown event parameter. This allows you to add delays to the binds without requiring VCE. (if you didn't know, using set/toggle event enabled would disable it for everyone bound to that brick)

OK. I have some suggestions / requests.

1. How can I have multiple of them going at once? (Is it possible to add events that it can relate to, similar to VCE?)

2. Can you make it function more like VCE and possibly give an updated version of VCE, with these keybinds? Basically, so I can use things like <var:pl:BrickPlant> in the functionality of VCE. Like. How VCE uses <var:pl:firing>
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 10:31:52 PM by Dragonoid.Slayer »

1. How can I have multiple of them going at once? (Is it possible to add events that it can relate to, similar to VCE?)
You'll need a brick for each bind. This was requested so that the input dropdown was not flooded.
2. Can you make it function more like VCE and possibly give an updated version of VCE, with these keybinds? Basically, so I can use things like <var:pl:BrickPlant> in the functionality of VCE. Like. How VCE uses <var:pl:firing>
What do you mean make it function more like VCE? Also, updating VCE with this is not only something I really don't want to do, but it's also not a viable option. Things like <var:pl:BrickPlant> are not possible. The brick controls and switching seats do not have an on/off state on the server side. VCE would just always see this as off unless you do some stupid schedule forgetery. Which I want to avoid even more than VCE.

1. You'll need a brick for each bind. This was requested so that the input dropdown was not flooded.

2. What do you mean make it function more like VCE? Also, updating VCE with this is not only something I really don't want to do, but it's also not a viable option. Things like <var:pl:BrickPlant> are not possible. The brick controls and switching seats do not have an on/off state on the server side. VCE would just always see this as off unless you do some stupid schedule forgetery. Which I want to avoid even more than VCE.
So, why not add an input for like.. the events that it can activate? So.
playerActionBind <list> <cd> <Events>    (The "Events" can be input like 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. or 1 4 (Both only activate events 1-4

2. What do you mean the controls do not have an on/off state on the server side? Do jetting and firing? It would just check if that key is being pressed, through relays.

Jetting and firing use a trigger function, so we can easily tell if the trigger is enabled or not (see certain add-ons like Samus' power beam)

Most building key binds only call the command, which means there is not a way to check it unless you edit it both client and server side

Could you add a bind for e/painting?

Jetting and firing use a trigger function, so we can easily tell if the trigger is enabled or not (see certain add-ons like Samus' power beam)

Most building key binds only call the command, which means there is not a way to check it unless you edit it both client and server side
Then how does this mod do it, with just server sided?

Then how does this mod do it, with just server sided?
Because
Jetting and firing use a trigger function, so we can easily tell if the trigger is enabled or not
If you really want me to explain though, since you're insistent.
Fire, Crouch, Jump, and Jet are part of the engine and the server has a callback function for these, called ::onTrigger. This ::onTrigger function has 4 args. The first one is the datablock. The second one is the object. The third one is the trigger being activated (0 = 'left click', 2 = jump, 3 = crouch, 4 = jet). The fourth one is the on/off state.. This is what allows me to check whether they're being turned on or off.
However, for the rest of the functions, they're only called the instant the thing happens, and not when the thing stops happening. They only have one state, and that's being called.
For example, the plant brick key. It's entirely scripted. It calls commandToServer('plantBrick'); What this does on the server side is calls ServerCmdPlantBrick with one arg, being the client object. There is no on/off state here.

Your relays are going to catch nothing. They're on a 33 ms schedule at best and even per frame wouldn't help you. The best I can do is set it on when the function is called, then set it off when the function is complete. But guess what? It's still going to always be in an off state. Here's what happens.
Your relay loop calls. The state is off for plantbrick.
The plantbrick function is called, the state is set to on, the function goes through it's normal behaviour, and before anything else in the game at all can even happen because torque does one thing at a time, the state is set to off.
Your relay loop calls. The state is off for plantbrick.
If the client is still holding the plantbrick key, the function is called again, because it's being called on a client-sided loop, there is nothing that can be done.

So, why not add an input for like.. the events that it can activate? So.
playerActionBind <list> <cd> <Events>    (The "Events" can be input like 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. or 1 4 (Both only activate events 1-4
I'll think about this.

Could you add a bind for e/painting?
I would love to, but there's some complications in this.
E has three possible things it can do. Equip a paintcan, switch paintcan column, or activate stuff.
I'd be, somewhat okay with adding the activate stuff functionality. But as it goes for paintcans, this is going to be rapidly called as you scroll through paints. It will also probably be rapidly calling usetool and unusetool, unless the paint cans are using another class.

So next update, I'll probably add EActivate, and maybe the event ranges.

use serverCmdActivateStuff