Author Topic: Event_BindAction  (Read 9154 times)

snip
Oooh, I get it now. But, on a different note, can you tell me the usage of <cd> in playerActionBind <list> <cd>? I played around with it a little, and didn't really understand what it did.

This is the coolest thing I've seen in a while, got to fiddle with it in gunny's arcade, groundbreaking stuff here.
Any way to make it so you remotely control bots? Say, giant chess?

Oooh, I get it now. But, on a different note, can you tell me the usage of <cd> in playerActionBind <list> <cd>? I played around with it a little, and didn't really understand what it did.
It's a cooldown. It's the delay before the player can activate that bind again.
So let's say, you do:
onActivate > Self > BindPlayerAction > [Jet] [800]
onActionDown > Player > SpawnProjectile > [70] [Sword Slice] [0 0 0] [1.0]

You would be able to make players 'sword slice' by right clicking, but they won't be able to spam it. They'll only be able to use it every 0.8 seconds.

This is the coolest thing I've seen in a while, got to fiddle with it in gunny's arcade, groundbreaking stuff here.
Any way to make it so you remotely control bots? Say, giant chess?
I'm not exactly sure how bot events work, but if you can make them move to certain points, well, yeah it might be possible. Good luck though.

Has anyone done anything really cool with this yet? My eventing abilities are still very basic.

Has anyone done anything really cool with this yet? My eventing abilities are still very basic.
jayce is reworking dungeon raiders (which is entirely events btw) to use these commands as power attacks instead of having to type commands to use them

that's why I suggested this in the first place

I still wait for OP to add an input for the events that can be affected.

I finally found the perfect addon!

I think.

So, why not add an input for like.. the events that it can activate? So.
playerActionBind <list> <cd> <Events>    (The "Events" can be input like 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. or 1 4 (Both only activate events 1-4
Please this.

I would love to bind all events on one brick.  I'm thinking of making a security camera system where you just use all the brick management keys to navigate and it would be easier to manage all on one brick.