Superfun909's Supercolors

Poll

How would you rate the colorset?

It sucks, I deleted it.
Meh, not my type.
It has some good colors, but i just dont see all my needed colors.
Its pretty good, I bet someone could use this instead of default!
999/10 A+ LOVE IT OMG
OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Author Topic: Superfun909's Supercolors  (Read 2067 times)

Looks all right if you like using bright colors, but here's some criticism which I hope you find constructive:

- 5 light grays and then a jump to a much darker gray
- 6 greens which are all too bright or light to look natural for foliage
- 10 transparent grayscale colors (white, gray, and black are usually enough (but then again, I rarely use transparent colors at all anymore))
- 4 varieties of pink (I'm not opposed to pink but it seems like a lot when you keep in mind:

- only 2 browns
- no dark red or dark blue (the kind you might paint a room with without hurting your eyes)

It seems like you went overboard on the first five rows and then realized you only had 8 colors left to cover what grayscale and rainbow can't do.

It's a very difficult task to make a color set that covers all bases. I think this one could use a bit more planning and prioritizing. Especially when it comes to grayscale and transparents, you should always be asking "is this color useful in a way that a nearby color won't cover?" You might begin by asking yourself if you're going to need all 4 pinks or every individual shade of transparent gray, and if more than two browns and one darker green would come in handy.

Yeah, we're seeking for variety of colors to be used in our building, keep in mind that you should probably include colors that are not vibrant so that our eyes won't be bothered. Honestly you should shorten the amount of colors in one row (greys and standards), meaning that you should remove some, as there are several colors appearing very similar to its neighboring colors.

Be sure that the rows are even, some players discourage rows that are too long and short because they don't want to deal with uneven scrolling. If you demand a way to even out your rows durjng your revision, try to find a way to include transparent colors in a row of opaque colors if they're closely related and if you have enough room to do so.

However, I do like the colors in rows 6 and 7, those are colors that players prefer to use. Please take note to Teneksi's and my constructive criticism, I assure you that it will help you revise this colorset. Good luck, friend!

Yeah, we're seeking for variety of colors to be used in our building, keep in mind that you should probably include colors that are not vibrant so that our eyes won't be bothered. Honestly you should shorten the amount of colors in one row (greys and standards), meaning that you should remove some, as there are several colors appearing very similar to its neighboring colors.

Be sure that the rows are even, some players discourage rows that are too long and short because they don't want to deal with uneven scrolling. If you demand a way to even out your rows durjng your revision, try to find a way to include transparent colors in a row of opaque colors if they're closely related and if you have enough room to do so.

However, I do like the colors in rows 6 and 7, those are colors that players prefer to use. Please take note to Teneksi's and my constructive criticism, I assure you that it will help you revise this colorset. Good luck, friend!
Just so you know, Im not saying: OMG JUST GET THE COLORSET NAOOO, Im just making this just incase anybody wants it.

Looks all right if you like using bright colors, but here's some criticism which I hope you find constructive:

- 5 light grays and then a jump to a much darker gray
- 6 greens which are all too bright or light to look natural for foliage
- 10 transparent grayscale colors (white, gray, and black are usually enough (but then again, I rarely use transparent colors at all anymore))
- 4 varieties of pink (I'm not opposed to pink but it seems like a lot when you keep in mind:

- only 2 browns
- no dark red or dark blue (the kind you might paint a room with without hurting your eyes)

It seems like you went overboard on the first five rows and then realized you only had 8 colors left to cover what grayscale and rainbow can't do.

It's a very difficult task to make a color set that covers all bases. I think this one could use a bit more planning and prioritizing. Especially when it comes to grayscale and transparents, you should always be asking "is this color useful in a way that a nearby color won't cover?" You might begin by asking yourself if you're going to need all 4 pinks or every individual shade of transparent gray, and if more than two browns and one darker green would come in handy.
I might work on "Superfun909's supercolors 2.0", just so you know.

I might work on "Superfun909's supercolors 2.0", just so you know.
Nice! With all those tips, you can work on making a new and improved colorset.

I like all the pink there is

I like all the pink there is
yeah those pinks are really nice actually

Keep up the good work, kiddo. Before long you might be as memorable as Trueno, may his soul rest in peace.

Keep up the good work, kiddo. Before long you might be as memorable as Trueno, may his soul rest in peace.
wait what happened to trueno?

wait what happened to trueno?
I think he died in some accident, I don't remember what it was but that the reason he never updated it, probably best we don't know how he died.