that is the question.

Companion 2, 256gb, 8gb ram ($2000)
3 (37.5%)
Companion 2, 512gb, 16gb ram ($2500)
4 (50%)
Other (and post which one)
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Which Cintiq should i get?  (Read 825 times)

ok so i'm wondering which cintiq i should nab once i get around 25k once i turn 18

what i want is definitely a stand-alone tablet. unlike other cintiqs that need to be connected to a computer, the companion series can work ALL by themselves. they have their own storage, ram, OS, all of that. i was wondering how much ram and storage i should get with the i7 model

one choice is the 8gb ram, and 256gb solid state. i have a 250gb solid state right now in my laptop and it's more than enough for now, but the ram is what concerns me more
the other choice is the 16gb ram, and 512gb solid state. i have 16gb of ram on my laptop now and it's perfect for me, if not even more than what i need

should i settle with the 8gb one and pay $500 less? or should i nab a 16gb one and pay $2500? i'm not sure, so that's why i'm asking you guys

/discuss

jesus christ, just buy a cheaper tablet.
2000 dolla is not worth it and that 25k you'll get should be spent carefully on blockland alts and sodie pops

but if you are serious about this and you want the cintiq, go for the 2,000 dolla
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 05:25:42 PM by Refticus »

do u rlly think the highest tier tablet available on the market is uh idk like proper for you and what you can do

i might be underestimating the cintiq, but 8gb of ram seems like far more than you'll ever need for drawing

on the other hand, assuming ram makes all the difference, if you're getting a whopping $25,000 when you turn 18 then the $2,500 cintiq isn't a big deal cost wise for double the ram and capacity; that seems like a pretty good deal

i might be underestimating the cintiq, but 8gb of ram seems like far more than you'll ever need for drawing

on the other hand, assuming ram makes all the difference, if you're getting a whopping $25,000 when you turn 18 then the $2,500 cintiq isn't a big deal cost wise for double the ram and capacity; that seems like a pretty good deal

Well those Companions actually run full Windows OS's. So it's not just for drawing, but honestly I'd rather get a Surface Pro.

Buy a car?

I feel like he probably already has one if he's just gonna be given 25k.

Buy a car?
you can get a damn lovey car for that money and im pretty sure this dosh would be good for college too lol

actually im just going to be super whatever and say that you shouldnt get a 2000 $ tablet when you just draw kiddo furries dude
i srsly hope you have plans in future art school design school whatever, but if u just draw kid furries then yo...

Yeah or like save it for your first apartment.

Basically save it for college/housing/car

it's from when my dad died :u

Buy a car?
i'm buying an old (but reliable) truck off my friend for 1k and i'm using the rest for college

Alright that's good. Where ya going? You staying in az?

Alright that's good. Where ya going? You staying in az?
mesa community and then transferring to asu

mesa community and then transferring to asu
Good call man. I mean asu is a stuffhole but it's our stuffhole right

Also I'm sorry about your dad man

Neither. Get a Surface Pro 4. It can double as a laptop that way. And the pen still has drawing tablet levels of accuracy, so it could be used for drawing.

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/devices/surface-pro-4

i7 and 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB storage is $2200 + $130 for type cover. It's cheaper. If you go with the i7 and 256 GB with 8 gigs of RAM, it's only $1600 +$130 for type cover. Then, you can get the dock and set it up so you can use it as your desktop, laptop, and tablet all in one.