King of page X

Author Topic: King of page X  (Read 16774 times)

Well, I have returned from the grave.
Here is my own side of the story:

I wanted to say how I hate "king of page X" on the "things that people do on the BLF that you hate" thread. I noticed the chain of kings, queens and jesters but I just didn't care. It kept happening, I never saw a chainban coming, or thought of the word itself even, so I just posted that I hate when people claim X of page X. (Though "X of page Y" would be more appropriate, but that has nothing to do with this topic)

The next day, I find that I have been banned three days for spam. "Was it something I said that midly deviated from the original post?" I thought to myself. I searched my recent posts to find out my post on "things that people do on the BLF that you hate" was the one post. Badspot, unfortunately for me, took my post in the wrong context.

In the same thread, the general consensus was that all people who were victims of the chainban deserve a perma. I am like, did everyone forget about me? Well, they probably meant almost everyone, and not everyone, and judging by other posts the bans wouldn't become perma anyway.

So I lurk and I lurk, I do other stuff... Not like I could do much else.

I return to this post, knowing it has new replies, and find an argument is going on, its topic being my ban. Though I'm probably wrong, most controversial users supported my ban and most uncontroversial ones (or just less controversial) were against my ban. It appears the ones for my ban and the ones against were almost 50/50.
Judging from his posts here, Badspot had probably gone a bit "paranoid" or more cynical due to being used to bad people, and supported that I was joining the lovely chain of tasteless digital spam. Well, tasteless because it's not the other spam.

Later, my ban ends, and I have the chance to post this.

Important details:
I noticed the spam chain.
I didn't suspect a chainban, or think the spam chain would affect me in any way.

Now to respond to Ravencroft:

The post was worth a ban regardless of his intentions.

I am going to suppose you said I deserved a ban for what you said here:

Everyone realized that, marios was just too dumb to word it correctly. His fault, his problem.

So, everyone knew I wasn't contributing to the chain intentionally, but I deserved a ban because of minor mistake? That's simply stupid.

One last thing:

While I was banned, I remembered this post from the robo drama thread:

Oh stuff, you were serious in that other post.  Wow.  Ok.  How many times have you been banned from the forum, mate?

Wherein I noticed "mate" and took the opportunity to jokingly reply:

How's the bush feel like?

I suspect this might have had an influence onto Badspot's outlook on me.
If this isn't related, Badspot, you can just say this has nothing to do with the case and move on.

Phew, a long post I've written.

king of page 200

User was banned for this post

So it seems like any "king of page x" posts are no longer tolerable. That was even posted on April Fools day. I don't know why people are still trying this now lol.

So it seems like any "king of page x" posts are no longer tolerable. That was even posted on April Fools day. I don't know why people are still trying this now lol.
In my opinion the only person who is "king" of a page is the OP and only if its their own topic

"You, you're in cyberbrain autistic mode?"

a lot of people are dying because of this
how often do new rules get established anyways

i feel like blf has a lot of unwritten rules but most of them are easy to avoid by not being stupid

Badspot

• Administrator

"First you tell me I can't poop in the living room, then you tell me I can't poop in the kitchen!  I can't keep up with these rules!"

"First you tell me I can't poop in the living room, then you tell me I can't poop in the kitchen!  I can't keep up with these rules!"

https://badspot.us/Quit.html

"WELL ARE YOU!?"

not sure if he called me autistic or not
any reply he makes to someone is like this could mean so many things

any reply he makes to someone is like this could mean so many things
well if he did then that's the first time I've seen someone do that in such a subtle way like wow quotos to you mister

well if he did then that's the first time I've seen someone do that in such a subtle way like wow quotos to you mister
noedit kudos ..i think