Author Topic: Tank Arena BETA - SERVER: DOWN  (Read 1517 times)

TANK ARENA

So I'm building a tank arena, one with simple maps and basic, but hopefully fast-paced game play.

I need testers and advice on how to get some features working, as this is my first time hosting a server like this.

Some images (note that images do not reflect final product):
Top-down view of first map, hopefully reminiscent of arcade maps. I plan to get a rotation going in the future.

Alternate view.

The current gate/wall, which disappears 15 seconds after the round starts. It still has raycasting though for spawnkill prevention.

Everyone only gets a weak gun for a little self-defense. You are not supposed to easily survive without a tank.

Uses the Light Tank and Pompmaker's Heavy Tank.

Server plans:

-Map rotation
-Server music
-Refined spawn gate
-Admins

Will start running admin and map applications if server gets popular.

Server is named Admiral Obvious's Tank Arena BETA - WIP
« Last Edit: April 03, 2016, 01:42:35 PM by Admiral Obvious »

I would suggest light and regular tanks only, maybe some elevation, and a bigger(slightly?) map

I would suggest light and regular tanks only, maybe some elevation, and a bigger(slightly?) map

Yeah, I was thinking of increasing the size and adding more ramps, but what's wrong with the heavy tanks?

use the Ratte
disclaimer: this is a joke don't use the ratte (unless you REALLY want to)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 10:50:06 PM by The Resonte! »

Arena has been elevated and made bigger as per Bushido's suggestions.

oh man that's neat

sorta reminds me of that minigame on WiiPlay

oh man that's neat

sorta reminds me of that minigame on WiiPlay
until you lose to those bouncy rockets aaaaaaaa

Pardon for asking, but what does it take to get people to join a new server? We never get enough people for the game to actually be much fun.

Server is passworded while I work out what's wrong with the spawn gates not working like they should.

Password is "Obvious" for those that care and want to have input.

Gates are permanently down for now. For some reason, the event "OnMiniGameRoundStart" no longer triggers properly.

Works again.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:11:45 PM by Admiral Obvious »

Pardon for asking, but what does it take to get people to join a new server? We never get enough people for the game to actually be much fun.
Be well known and generally liked. You won't get much now but i can ensure if you're active down the years you will be known.

Server is passworded while I work out what's wrong with the spawn gates not working like they should.

Password is "Obvious" for those that care and want to have input.

Gates are permanently down for now. For some reason, the event "OnMiniGameRoundStart" no longer triggers properly.
Hey just a little recommendation for the gates (once they work): Make it so that players are invincible for a few seconds(probably only 1-3 seconds) once they pass through the gates. This is drawn from experience from many other servers and spawn killing still happening, since they just camp out right outside the gates and shoot the players who barely walk out.
I'm not sure how difficult it would be to make (I am still learning all the coding stuff, and haven't hosted my own (decent) server.)

Hey just a little recommendation for the gates (once they work): Make it so that players are invincible for a few seconds(probably only 1-3 seconds) once they pass through the gates. This is drawn from experience from many other servers and spawn killing still happening, since they just camp out right outside the gates and shoot the players who barely walk out.
I'm not sure how difficult it would be to make (I am still learning all the coding stuff, and haven't hosted my own (decent) server.)

That is unnecessary, as the gates don't fall for 15 seconds (when they work properly), by which time the players should have gotten into their tanks. There is only one life per round, so spawnkilling is impossible. Also, the gates still have raycasting even when down, so bullets and tank shells won't hit the spawn area.

Looks nice, remembers me of an ACTUALY good game i played in roblox long long time ago, called tiny tanks or something, the special thing was that all bullets would bounce on walls and such, and there where different kinds of power-ups that you could collect for your tank to make it better...

Sadly it never got popular and all the stuffty "adopt a cute baby in area-51 undertale and minions roleplay simulator" games took it's place in the front page.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 03:36:29 AM by some random idiot »

Looks nice, remembers me of an ACTUALY good game i played in roblox long long time ago, called tiny tanks or something, the special thing was that all bullets would bounce on walls and such, and there where different kinds of power-ups that you could collect for your tank to make it better...

Sadly it never got popular and all the stuffty "adopt a cute baby in area-51 undertale and minions roleplay simulator" games took it's place in the front page.
thats actually not an old game and it's still popular