Commands+

Author Topic: Commands+  (Read 2891 times)

Commands+
By Mooshimity

The commands included in this add-on are:
/message <name> <message> (eg "/message * Hello")
/playercount (eg "/playercount")
/kill <name> (eg "/kill Mooshimity")
/make <name> <title> (eg "/make Mooshimity SuperAdmin")
/warn <name> <warning> (eg "/warn Mooshimity Don't Spam")
/datablock <name> <datablock> #Not working
/scale <name> <scale:x> <scale:y> <scale:z> (eg "/scale Mooshimity 5 5 5")
/burn <name> <time> (eg "/burn Mooshimity 100")

*I am looking for more commands, so please make suggestions below
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 05:46:35 PM by Moosh »

Interesting.
Maybe a few examples for the commands such as /warn or /burn?

You shouldn't really release your first add-on. They tend to have issues/room for improvement/sometimes aren't good enough. And most of these have already been made/don't need to be made.

/playerCount - was done badly and will only work on a non dedicated server. Instead of NPL_List.rowCount() you should do clientGroup.getCount()

/make - is pretty abusable, but I guess it'd be the host's fault for making dumb people super admins. Plus it doesn't work correctly for making super admins. Super admins have .isAdmin and .isSuperAdmin set to true.

/burn - will cause an error in the console if the target's player doesn't exist.

/datablock - Doesn't even exist. It's /make.

/make - If it does work, it also has the same problem as /burn.

/scale - Same issue as /burn.

/warn - The last argument in the command to the client isn't needed, as serverCmdConfirmMessage doesn't exist.

You also don't need to do %var @ " " @ %otherVar. SPC connects them with a space in-between. Like so: %var SPC %otherVar. Same thing. Just easier.

As you're new at making add-ons, you should ask someone to look through the code first. That way you can avoid many mistakes, get constructive criticism, and learn some new stuff.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 02:22:00 PM by jes00 »

Change /make to /promote.

/make could be useful in mods with resource management and crafting, so overwriting it would not be good.

Uhh these are admin only right? Some should be host only...

Like Jes00 said, this is poorly made and not in the cleanest way, there are other add-ons that have better safeguards, and is make even needed? You can admin people in a much simpler way using the admin menu.

I recommend cleaning this addon up a little or  locking this and keeping it private, its not that bad but if its not fixed it might end up in the Fail Bin.

Uhh these are admin only right? Some should be host only...
/message with * for the name(server announcement) - Admin only. Otherwise, - Anyone.
/playerCount - Anyone.
/kill - Admin only.
/make - Super admin only.
/burn - Admin only.
/model - Admin only.
/scale - Admin only.
/warn - Admin only.

Alright, I'll lock this and pull the download, edit the scripts a little bit and find someone to review it, then I'll re-upload it.

Thanks, I think you should add-
Alright, I'll lock this and pull the download, edit the scripts a little bit and find someone to review it, then I'll re-upload it.
Oh never mind, but it's still a good addon.