Author Topic: $700-$800 Gaming Computer?  (Read 1705 times)

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Intel-Z170-Core-i5-Configurator

try this out. a little over budget but the specs are great; not sure what it all comes with bc i was just looking at the specs and price lol. usually sites like this that let you customize the pc before shipping are the best places to find good pre-builts
It says it doesn't come with an operating system. Would that mean it would be bumped up to 900?

Secondly I found one that I think looks good and in my price range.

Is this one any good?

This one - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230034 - Has a better GPU + 128 SSD, but not as good CPU
This one - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102076 - slightly cheaper, slightly weaker GPU, better CPU, but no SSD
What are the differences between the two? Like I know you just told me, but what does it even mean? Ones faster, but less storage? I think?

Secondly I found one that I think looks good and in my price range.

Is this one any good?

What are the differences between the two? Like I know you just told me, but what does it even mean? Ones faster, but less storage? I think?
To the first one, the one you found has a pretty egh GPU compared to the ones i listed.
GPU is what you are looking for for the most part. The one you found has a r7 250, the one i listed 1st has a r9 380, while the second one has a GTX 960. They both are vastly superior to the one you found.

To the second part, The first one is $10 more but you get an SSD, which is probably about 10x as fast as a HDD (which you do get a 1tb with it). This mean you can put important programs and games on the SSD. This also means your OS is more than likely preinstalled on the SSD and your computer will boot a lot faster than what you are used to.
The CPU isnt as great as the second one but it shouldnt matter in your case. I would go with the $810 one just because of what it offers.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:01:53 PM by Ninja Decoy »

+1 on that $810 system

avoid ibuypower at all costs
ive made the mistake not to listen

yeah the biggest problem with some prebuilt computers is they going very cheap on the power supply, which leads to it failing.

Try asking in the computer megathread, as they might be able to help you a lot faster, after all they helped me choose my parts for my PC.

yeah the biggest problem with some prebuilt computers is they going very cheap on the power supply, which leads to it failing.
And they also compromise on the graphics card to keep the price down, and people who don't know much about computers think: "Hey it's got an i7, that must mean it's good!".

"Hey it's got an i7, that must mean it's good!".

how about when laptops do this and claim to have an i7 but in reality its a quad core 1ghz "i7"

Try asking in the computer megathread, as they might be able to help you a lot faster, after all they helped me choose my parts for my PC.
And they also compromise on the graphics card to keep the price down, and people who don't know much about computers think: "Hey it's got an i7, that must mean it's good!".
Yep, which is why i specifically pointed out the graphics card in my post. For the price, the GPU is pretty alright. Its not like "It has an I7 and 16 gb of ram! it must be good!" and then finding out it has a gt640 in it.

putting together a computer is putting together legos, theres no reason for this "computer illiterate"
i built my first computer just a while ago and i will say this is SORT OF the case (hehe)

I thought the same way, that it was basically putting pieces of a puzzle together. but it took me loving forever to get everything working, etc. It's a time consuming process, atleast for me.

when I built my first PC, it wasnt TOO hard cuz my dad was helping me, and he knew more than I did about them. it took one weekend and it was done

https://www.reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds

The Exterminator and End-All may be of interest, these are all real good builds too