Author Topic: Good password managers?  (Read 851 times)

I need a good password manager, but both the ones I have tried out seems to be flawed in some way.

Ones I have already tried:

- Dashlane
- LastPass

EDIT: I'm looking for the ability to create random strings, and the ability to access through mobile, specifically sync my account on mobile, for free.

My dad has uses one that's pretty freakin good, but I can't remember the name and my dads not home. I might get back to you.
EDIT:

and the ability to access through mobile, specifically sync my account on mobile,
Nope never mind

access through mobile, specifically sync my account on mobile, for free.
Pretty sure that doesn't exist.
Best you can do is pony up the money for one of the few (only 2 I know of) that let you do mobile sync AND desktop sync.

post-it notes are my password manager

How about cheap options? I guess I can fork over at least 20.

1Password is $50, and it's really nice. I think it's worth the price

1Password is $50, and it's really nice. I think it's worth the price
I'll try it out for free for a few days and see if it works, thanks.

I'll try it out for free for a few days and see if it works, thanks.
the mobile app is also free. you can pay $10 for some extra stuff, like extra vaults (which I've yet to need), and the ability to create certain types of entries (like software licenses and stuff), but if you create those entries on the desktop version, they can be synced to the mobile app and viewed with no trouble
it can sync over wifi, which is really neat. the fact that lastpass and pretty much ALL of the others require you to sync it through their servers is one of the reasons I went with 1p in the first place. you can also use dropbox easily (and it integrates really well with it, even on mobile), which is what I do

only downside I've found so far is that there is no linux version, but it works well enough with wine

you can alternatively pay like 10 bucks for post-its and pens js :v

you can alternatively pay like 10 bucks for post-its and pens js :v
are you going to carry all of those post-it notes in your pocket everywhere you go?