Poll

next booklet should be

america
japan

Author Topic: [BOOK] An Amateur History of [insert country here] - a booklet series by me!  (Read 1912 times)

AN AMATEUR HISTORY OF . . .

(page lengths and word counts include non-body content as well)

Page Length:36
Word Count:12,784
File Size:498 KB

Page Length:[in progress]
Word Count:[in progress]
File Size:[in progress]

"An Amateur History of [X]" is my little side project for writing up free, digestible histories of countries around the world. These PDFs are written to help expand knowledge of foreign nations beyond what your high school might have taught while still being accessible to the layperson. You can suggest countries for me to cover, but right now I'm busy working on Japan. In order to use the hotlinks located in a booklet's Table of Contents, you need to download it.

NOTE: If you've already downloaded my booklet on North Korea, I've uploaded a revised version that standardizes formatting, fixes minor grammatical/phrasing errors, and includes recent events. I highly recommend downloading this new version and replacing an older copy.

I hope you guys enjoy! Feedback encouraged!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 09:47:11 PM by Jairo »

there's some good writing in here but also some weird writing

up-and-up? nobody would use that.

hah. i like this part.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:07:25 PM by Waru »

there's some good writing in here but also some weird writing

up-and-up? nobody would use that.
thanks for the feedback. would you suggest a more subdued phrasing like "things looked to be doing well" or "things looked to be improving" then?

thanks for the feedback. would you suggest a more subdued phrasing like "things looked to be doing well" or "things looked to be improving" then?

yes! that sounds way better.

yes! that sounds way better.
gotcha, changed for future reference

I like this
gracias comrade

how do I cite you as a source
also you should expand on the kim jong-nam fiasco because it's hilarious
« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 12:39:40 AM by Nonnel »

Jairo. An Amateur History of North Korea (1948 - 2016). In Your Dishwasher: Jairo Publishing Inc.. 29 March 2016. Web. 30 March 2016

"North Korea was a product of its environment, nothing more, nothing less." (Jairo 34).

So are planning on becoming a historian of some form or did you just do if for pure fun?

His Holiness the Great and Smug Jairo the Unerring, the Unbending, the Unassailable

also you should expand on the kim jong-nam fiasco because it's hilarious
will do. the entire escapade deserves a hollywood movie, tbh

Jairo. An Amateur History of North Korea (1948 - 2016). In Your Dishwasher: Jairo Publishing Inc.. 29 March 2016. Web. 30 March 2016

"North Korea was a product of its environment, nothing more, nothing less." (Jairo 34).
god bless

So are planning on becoming a historian of some form or did you just do if for pure fun?
I might minor in history if possible. it's my main passion, but there's not enough money for me to pursue the career

any suggestions on what country I should do next? I was thinking CIA

any suggestions on what country I should do next? I was thinking CIA
actually, I think I'll do the united states. it'll be a lot longer than this booklet was, though

the next book should be about the great nation turkmenistan

the next book should be about the great nation turkmenistan
kyrgyzstan now and forever

actually, I think I'll do the united states. it'll be a lot longer than this booklet was, though
US would be good.

Have you read Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States"?  Good read.