Author Topic: Why do kids with aspergers think they're smarter than everyone  (Read 2196 times)

There's this one starfish in my class who acts smarter than everyone and we all know he has the spergs, but it always bothered me what type of lies he's told to believe he's actually smarter.

Is it because their parents try to make their failure feel like they're actually not as damaged?

This Espio           
We are more powerful than you could ever imagine.

but in all seriousness it's kinda part of the aspergers. i kind of did the same thing in my tween to teen years

where's robopokemon oc to explain

Lance Wilson                     I'm the smartest here, I'm a mutha forgetin genius                                                                                                              

I demand all spergies to use this image as identification:

that counts you as well, C-Zech Chrome Ind

oh my god you're so right I do think that

There's this kid with some problems in my school. I don't really know what it is but she definitely treats everybody like she thinks she's higher above. I think it's purely because people baby those with problems and treat them like they are indeed special. Just kinda carries over.
Come to think of it, I dunno why she's in normal classes, she has grabbed someone's balls before out of nowhere and I'm surprise nothing was done about it.

where's robopokemon oc to explain

I am here, my sons.  Here with my trusty thesaurus.

I'm actually not sure if I really do have Asperger's Syndrome or not, but my thinking pattern sure is strange enough.  I highly reccomend reading the book Neurotribes.

People with Asperger's Syndrome typically have difficulties with interpreting social cues (something I don't have too many problems withOh boy, I'm a real comedian.) and typically have very limited interests, being able to vigilantly stay focused on something and only stopping for a bodily function or something in their schedule (I tend to engage in many different activities in a short period of time, though the time period I allocate to each activity is usually quite lucrative.)  People with Asperger's Syndrome and HFA typically look aloof and may or may not have a strange manner of speaking.  People with Aspergers Syndrome typically do not develop the same way as most children and usually go straight to speaking, standing, and other functions at an early age (usually paying the price with not being adept in the art of human behaviour)  and have an advanced vocabulary at an early age.  They tend to be knowledgable with what they are interested in, and usually take over conversations due to their obsessive interests and bad or near useless ability to interpret social ques.

If the aforementioned kid really does have Aspergers then he wouldn't have any reason to be a smart-ass in the first place because he isn't interested in this strange thing called "reputation."  In any given situation, nobody is truly smarter than anyone else because we all start off with relatively with the same brain.  

irl I tend to pester people with how their day went and how they are feeling because it would be insensitive of me to dominate the conversation, that and I'm always interested in seeing what wisdom they hold (I usually default to talking with the elderly)

So maybe that's why he sounds like a smartass.  A lot of people thought I was a smartass at first until I responded to the advice given by some of the forum members.

Usually, looking at the world from their perspective solves the problem. (I've made quite a few friends that way)  This is hard for the typical youngster to do due to the lack of frontal lobe development and thus an inablity to see the world from their point of view (and vice versa).  They are often bullied due to this.  People with a touch of autism tend to get angered very quickly and become aggresive to negative stimuli, usually in a physical manner.  I almost dislocated someone's jaw once, but that might just be because of my scots-irish heritage and thus may not be autism or aspergers.

Wow, that was an essay and a half.  I hope it cleans things up.

Very warm regards.

The Czechoslovakian Commaricharder.
P.S.  If that was an absolute horrific nightmare to try and read, try giving this a read: http://www.autism.org.uk/about/what-is/asperger.aspx
It will explain it a lot better than I can.

you didn't use your sperg identification badge.

you didn't use your sperg identification badge.

I'm not entirely convinced I'm spergsnowflake